Sonic Electronix am I covered under warrenty???

stikystikyricky
10+ year member

So I bought a set of ppi 356CS from sonic electronix in december. Both my door speakers stopped working and only the tweeters were working. Its a new 2008 toyota truck. I pulled the speakers out and it looks as though the terminals have corroded. I used tried to unscrew the speaker wire out and the screw holding it in broke... I pulled out the wire and white powder came out. There is white powder all over the crossover as well but the tweeter terminals and tweets work fine?? BTW.. these are rear speakers so it took me a white before I noticed they weren't working.

Should I just buy a new set of components or do you think I might be covered under manufac warranty?

How do I prevent this from happening again? The crossovers were zip tied inside the door panel but I really didnt expect water to get in and dont know how it did. THis is the first time this has happened to me.

Thanks

I don't think that would be covered, but hey you can always try. If it is corroded that is from moisture try keeping them in the cab in a dry place if they aren't already.

I dont get it.. what do I do to protect them better? Electric tape over the terminals maybe?? And cover the crossover terminals with electric tape?? I dont really see what more I can do...

Yeah that is the problem. Even thought doors have seals water and moisture will build up in the door (especially here in seattle) and cause corrosion. Move them to the otherside of the door panel inside the cab. And you might want to get some of those foam baffles that someone posted ^^^. Where is seattle are you?

Don't mount the crossovers in your door. That will prevent them from being damaged. Use the baffles (linked above) for your mids. That will protect them.

Yeah that is the problem. Even thought doors have seals water and moisture will build up in the door (especially here in seattle) and cause corrosion. Move them to the otherside of the door panel inside the cab. And you might want to get some of those foam baffles that someone posted ^^^. Where is seattle are you?

Im in the newcastle/renton area.. I have the same speakers up front and in the rear.. I think im just gonna keep an eye out for better front components and when I find them move my front ppi's to the back and get like a nice set of focals or something upfront.. fml.. this blows. i just bought these speakers a couple months ago!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.