Problem With Voltmeter

connersdad19
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have the stinger voltmeter and for some reason the voltage flashes...it will only staying on for a second but the voltage does not drop it stays the same....can anyone elaborate as to why it would be doing this?

The Voltage is the only thing thats flashing the stinger logo is constantly lit.....

this is the one i have

http://cgi.ebay.com/STINGER-SVMB-VOLTMETER-BLUE-3-DIGIT-DIGITAL-DISPLAY-NEW_W0QQitemZ360194054151QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd3d1807

Last edited by a moderator:
i checked all connections, but i figured the whole thing would be flashing but only the voltage. i have no idea.
What voltage does it display?

Does it have 2 connections or 3? I mean does it have power/ground/remote, or just remote and ground?

cant do a pic at the moment...i have a one month old deka battery under the hood big 3 done in knu 0 gauge..........i have a pos and neg run going to the back battery (3 month old Kinetik HC 1800) as well as a ground on the frame to the back battery....i have the pos and neg from the voltmeter running to the positive and negative on the kinetik...the only thing i have hooked up is my mids amp..thats it...

not sure what this would have to do with as to why it is flashing though.

cant do a pic at the moment...i have a one month old deka battery under the hood big 3 done in knu 0 gauge..........i have a pos and neg run going to the back battery (3 month old Kinetik HC 1800) as well as a ground on the frame to the back battery....i have the pos and neg from the voltmeter running to the positive and negative on the kinetik...the only thing i have hooked up is my mids amp..thats it...
not sure what this would have to do with as to why it is flashing though.
It will flash due to over or undervoltage or some other unknown problem. This is why I wanted to see how you had it hooked up in case something was wrong. It's also why I asked what voltage it read.

the voltage reads from 14.4-14.2 never below...and as far as lock onto?>
it is on my kinetik hc 1800 in the back
Thats one problem. Your amp voltage and batt voltage will always be different, i dont doubt that it never goes under 14 when wired to the batt. Wire the meter directly to the amp.

hmm ok i was told to wire it to the battery but i will go out and do that and see if it fixes it..thanks.

and to bc...i never knew that thanks to both of you guys i will go out and try it

well i did what was suggested and it is still flashing....
I dont know why its flashing but you put the voltmeter there to see your voltage drop right ? Well how will the voltage drop on a battery that is constantly being charged ? Thats what i was suggesting, if you wanna know how low your voltage is getting at your amp, you need to wire it to your amp. I cant think of why its flashing unless a wire is loose on the actaul gauge. Is it flashing with the bass or just random.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.