I only get sound when pushing on the cone of my mid

Participant count
  • Participant list

legendndisguise
10+ year member

Funky
MD
I just recently started having sound problems with my components in my passenger door. It started yesterday with crackling and then the sound going in and out. Pulled the door apart and noticed if I put a little pressure on the cone I would get sound, and sounds fine. I've not had any problems with distortion or anything before hand. I'm running CDT's, M6 for mid bass powered from and ED nine.5.

The only thing I can think of is the voice coil has damage. Just looking for any ideas.

Check your tinsel leads, one could be broken and fixable, if not something inside the speaker is likely no longer making connection and you are SOL

I got a chance to pull it out of the door yesterday and notice a good amount of water on the spider and soaked threw. It literally dripped water out when I pulled it off the door. Time to fabricate something to protect the speakers from water running down into them. The tinsel lead wasn't completely broken, but it didn't look good. Luckily I have another set of mids and might just replace both sides.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.