Cutting speaker holes in door panels?

if you can get a whole saw big enough that is the best way but if you dont care how it looks and have another tool that can do the job already then use it, it will be much cheaper. as long as you do an ok job the speaker will cover the hole up enough that it will not show.

if you can get a whole saw big enough that is the best way but if you dont care how it looks and have another tool that can do the job already then use it, it will be much cheaper. as long as you do an ok job the speaker will cover the hole up enough that it will not show.
i found a 5.5 inch hole saw, is this good for a 6.5 speaker? i just need it to fit where it shows like this

1207012505918490494491.jpeg

if he plans on mounting the speaker in the hole a 6.5" driver doesn't require a 6.5" hole. It's usually around 5.75"-6".

You can use a dremel and get a pretty neat hole. Cut you a template circle the diameter you want your opening out of some scrap wood. Use a rotozip bit in the dremel. roto zip bits have a round tip with no flutes. Set your depth on the dremel so the bit goes through the plastic with only the non fluted tip protruding through to the other side. Now use the circle you cut as a guide and position it where you want your hole. Then just use the dremel and follow the pattern like a flush trim bit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What's shown in the pic is probably fiberglass work and not just done by simply cutting a hole in the door panel. Yikes.

if you can find a hole saw, thats gonna be the best method. since the speaker is gonna cover the imperfections though, a dremel should be more than sufficient

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in that case , screw a hole saw. Just use a jig saw or a dremel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in that case , screw a hole saw. Just use a jig saw or a dremel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
x2.

I hope that the pod isn't only going to be attached to just the flimsy door panel.

Yes this thread is old as eff, but I have 2000 Acura to and I have to cut bigger holes in the metal door. Current holes are 4.4 and I need 5.7. What’s the easiest way to cut a clean hole.
Jigsaw:

5.75 hole saw

I feel like the 5.75 hole saw blade is a bad buy because I’m not an installer and won’t regularly have use for 5.75 hole

updated thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.