4 Fi Audio IB3 18's walled off 15Hz tune in a VAN BUILD LOG

Kryptonitewhite
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Most likely a Buick Rendezevous... like last year, I'll set out tomorrow and may have one by the end of the day... but last time I ended up with an Aztek... we will see how it goes this time. I currently have 4 Adire Audio Extremis 6.4's, 2 CSS FR125S's, and 2 Vifa XT25TG30 ring radiators. I have a Kicker KX850.4 with a bad crossover on 1 channel for the 6.4's, a KX350.4 to be bridged 8ohm on the 4" full rangers, and a KX200.2 thats blown for the tweets. I can send the amps in to Kicker for repair, but I might just buy all new ZX series..IDK yet.

I'll be getting some SHURiKEN SK-BT80 batteries from SicAudio, a HO alt, and proably some audiopipe ap3000d's... Alpine W200 w/ Alpine PXA-H701.

I'll wall off the van with a few layers of MDF, 14" sonotube port in the center of the quad 18's... but no enclosure on the back side. I know I know... owell. After stripping it nekid, I'll use expanding foam to fill in everything I can then try to get a large quantity of resin to coat everything. Make it as air tight and rigid as possible. How sweet to pull up in the lanes and pop open the hatch and burp... unless I get more port gain with the hatch shut. This should be interesting, as the wall will divide the van into 2 chambers... the port connecting the 2... windows up IDK. Windows down, 6th order to the world. Will there be two tunings? a double impedance saddle? 2 low excursion points? we will have to see.

I'm also doing an HT build calling them the Twin Towers... dual 128 cubic foot enclosures each with an IB3 18" with a 12" sonotube port starting with a 6.5Hz tune and working my way up to 15Hz. Another learning/experimenting project.

Zomg 15hz!

skeet.gif

I already have one in a box... just cuz its "IB"... here..you know it..so explain it to me...while I DO it..again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

anyway

Look what I picked up today!

CIMG0162.jpg

CIMG0161.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.