Enclosure Prototyping *Pics*

Toxic Tuan
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Wind tunnel Pito & pressure tests done! Now, it's time to do some major listening tests. If you're in So Cal and wanna mess around with some boxes, just let me know. I need to get various results from all types of subs. I have single 12's, dual 12's, dual 10's. I'm still in the design stage for the 15's. These are perfect bend flared ported enclosures. 2", 3" and 4" bends. Let's have some fun! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Tuan

photo.jpg

I just picked up one of his dual 10 boxes to test. With it being double baffled, I'll safely load it with my Lightning Audio Storms run at .5 off my Crunch Pro. Should have it in tomorrow afternoon. Thanks Tuan!

Wind tunnel Pito & pressure tests done! Now, it's time to do some major listening tests. If you're in So Cal and wanna mess around with some boxes, just let me know. I need to get various results from all types of subs. I have single 12's, dual 12's, dual 10's. I'm still in the design stage for the 15's. These are perfect bend flared ported enclosures. 2", 3" and 4" bends. Let's have some fun! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Tuan
i call BS

looks good but the carpet in the port you loose db's..
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I'll bite on your "loosing" db's comment.

How can you tell, by the angle of the pics, that the carpet goes any further back than the end of the kerf? Also, it's pretty obvious that there's no carpet on the other side or bottom of the port. Just sayin'...

Kerf ported? Whats the tuning/.cu ft of those (2) 12s boxes? Wanna ship a (2) 12's box to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i call BS
Let me ask you something mobeious, do you know what a Pito tube test is? I've been doing this for over 10 years since I started college. It doesn't require a Wind tunnel lab. Just a pressure motor pump on top of the cutout hole. The rest of the measurements are done inside of the enclosure via drilled holes and water tubes.

Tuan

Let me ask you something mobeious, do you know what a Pito tube test is? I've been doing this for over 10 years since I started college. It doesn't require a Wind tunnel lab. Just a pressure motor pump on top of the cutout hole. The rest of the measurements are done inside of the enclosure via drilled holes and water tubes.
Tuan

pics?

Kerf ported? Whats the tuning/.cu ft of those (2) 12s boxes? Wanna ship a (2) 12's box to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
No it's not a Kerf port. Kerf ports have weak spots unless they're reinforced in the back. This is a perfect 3/4" wood bend. There are various tunings and enclosure sizes since I'm prototyping right now. I wonder how much shipping is?

Tuan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.