Anyone wanna buy some gold?

Scoobydoo
5,000+ posts

POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS
DINGLEBERRY
I have a bunch of jewelry I inherited a while back. I have no use for it and would rather have the cash.

All items are 14k gold.

22"x3/8" Herringbone necklace

20"x1/4" Herringbone necklace

8"x1/4" Bracelet, not sure on type, but it is heavy and thicker than the herringbone ones

Mens Gold band, not sure on size

Womens ring, not sure on size

Lots of gold here! I took all this to the jewelry store last week and was offered $400 for it and they were only offering me 35% of gold value which I thought was a little low. This is about $800-900 just in gold weight

Willing to sell the whole lot for $500 or might consider parting out an item for a reasonable price

If there is any interest I will take pictures

why dont you sell to a gold melting place for the 800 then?
X2.... WTF!?!?!? I think gold is still at like $1200/oz isn't it? If you would rather have the money than scrap the **** and get paid! that "Gold Exchange" thing came through here no too long ago and was paying like $800/oz

why dont you sell to a gold melting place for the 800 then?
X2.... WTF!?!?!? I think gold is still at like $1200/oz isn't it? If you would rather have the money than scrap the **** and get paid! One of those traveling gold buying things rolled through here a couple weeks back and was giving like $800/oz cash...

no way i am sending all my gold into some place that will low ball me with a $200 offer and then screw me over with some crazy shipping and handling fee to have it shipped back when i refuse the offer

easier just to know what i am getting and avoid the hassle

if it doesnt sell here i will take the $400 local or just wait for gold to go to $2k an ounce

small flat rate box = $5, $500 insurance = $5

$90 extra is quite a bit and to be honest the jewelry store persons attitude bothered me so i really dont want to give them a nice payday

Arrrrrgh, matey. Change your avatar back to the stupid mountain goat thingy and I'll consider buying your gold.

mountaingoat_lg-300x297.jpg

I don't know how is your area, but here in CA, is crowded with local places buying gold, last month I took a few pieces of scrap gold and sold them for $120 that was 6 grams at $20 per gram, maybe that's low compared with actual price of an oz but if your gold weights 1 oz that would be $560 is just to look around for some places and find the one that pays better. Just my opinion.

When buying/Selling GOLD, you have to take into account that it is not PURE GOLD! PURE GOLD brings much more per ounce as it does not have to be milled. If your stuff is only 14k gold(58.3%).

you would divide the gold price today ($1092.00/31.1) Approx. $35.12 per gram for scrap gold. Then take $35.12 x .5833= $20.49. This is the value of the amount of Gold in 14k as of today. Now the prices ppl pay differ from person to person, but average is 1/3 the value, as of course they are in the market to make money as well. you can actually list it all on e-bay, and get much more than any of these ppl out buying everyones gold, as ppl there are looking to collect as well, and not just a quick turn around. I have seen a Oz. of scrap sell for over $650. Just a little imput, so if you decide to take it back to them ppl, you can figure out exactly what you are getting per gram once they tell you how much is there. Shop around as well, some ppl are willing to pay much more than that 1/3 base price. if you were offered $400 then you prob. have almost 2oz of gold. So they are going to offer you $400 when there is actually approx. $1275 in gold value.

if i had a scale i would weight it, but i dont and should have asked how much it weighed before i left

here are some pics, ignore the rings up top, they arent part of the sale unless you want to add about $5k to the price

extremely large pictures to show detail, unfortunately my lighting ******, but did the best i could

http://cryo-laboratory.com/uploader/files/10/DSCF1594.JPG

http://cryo-laboratory.com/uploader/files/10/DSCF1595.JPG

and for those worried about being scammed

[ HEATWARE.com ]

the price of gold is up $8 today, maybe i should raise the price a few bucks;)

Gold closed today @ $1107.53 per ounce, woohoo!!! i would for sure get it weighed out by any jewlery store. Iheck, i think even walmart will weigh it out for you. make sure you know what u have before you slap a price on it. You may have MUCH more than you think. Gold buyers very rarely tell you everything.

That bottom short chain/bracelet, looks like it has some weight to it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Scoobydoo

5,000+ posts
POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS
Scoobydoo
DINGLEBERRY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies