Replacement Tweeters

Participant count
  • Participants list

04silverz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Antonio
What do I need to look for when replacing a set of tweeters from a component set. I have Crystal sscs6 components which are rated at 100/200 are 4 ohm and came with titanium tweeters. Well one of them is blown so I am looking to replace them.

Can I replace them with silk tweets or do I have to stay with titanium? Will any tweeter work with the crystal xover? I'm assuming I need it to be a 4 ohm tweeter as well since that is what the original was?

You'd want to know where your crossover is crossing over to the tweeter. Find a tweeter that matches the impedance of the oriinal tweeter and can play down as low as the crossover is going to let it. That's what I'd do at least.

hmm...I have no idea what freq that would be. I looked at my box yesterday that they came in and I don't have any kind of spec sheet or anything. Their website isn't much help either.

You can try and contact the manufacturer, or if you're good at crossover design, figure it out based on the values of the capacitors and inductors that are in there. I would doubt that there would be a Zobel network in there to make it extremely difficult. Lastly, you could just measure the impedance of your tweeters and match that and just don't overpower the new ones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.