tired of blowing subs

steelewise

SoCal
hey guys i hate to add to the what sub should i get pile but here i go anyways, I have a ported 4 square ft. of airspace prt will be tuned to the sub i get, i will be running a jl audio 1000.1v2. it is going in a dodge ram 2500. price is not a concern just want something thats pounds hard and wont melt down.

i was looking at the orion red hcca's the installer at the shop i have been going to has been telling me to check out jugernaughts. any help would be greatly appreciated.

i listen to everything i want a sub that hits real hard but is still pretty accurate

thanks again for any helpful comments!!

oops sorry looking for a 15"

The orion hcca subs are crap. If someone is trying to talk you into a jugg then at least he picked a pretty tough sub to sell ya.

As far as "hits real hard" that's all in perception and how much you want to spend. Quite frankly that JL 1000 is pretty small but would probably get ya through until you got something with more horsepower.

Some brands you should look at are

FI Car Audio - http://www.ficaraudio.com

Mach 5 Audio - http://www.mach5audio.com

Audioque

Resonant Engineering

Diamond Audio D6

Alpine Type R

good luck

4 cubes is pretty big so the lack of power may be compensated for by efficiency

why not make it a 12 box and find a XXX 12? idk lol

you assume a lot inkfx. ive had systems since i was 15 i used to spend all my time reading and keeping up with new products then i got a real job that consumes far too much time and i have kids. quite frankly what i used to build for myself was a hell of a lot better than what so called professionals did for me boxes custom pods everything, but again no time so i came here to get opinions from cool people who have waaaaay more time to play with different setups etc. and i trust this place more cause noone is trying to sell me i can get real world performance reviews from real people.

when i say im tired of blowing subs i dont mean i blow a sub every few months or weeks, it simply means i want a really solid sub i can depend on and hit nice an hard ive had a 12" jlw6 thats what the box was supposed to be built for but the builder made it waaaay to big sooooo blown jl, then i went to a kicker comp 15 that lasted about 3 weeks.

i want a sub that will easily take the jl 1000.1 without me having to worry about how loud i wanna turn up my stereo, and of course to hit as hard and clean as possible with what i have.

It sounds like you'd save money by building your own enclosures, or at least going to someone who'll follow your recommendations.

The BTL will blow just as easily mechanically...nothing magical about it.

Def not the subs fault. You needed 1.25 cubes after displacements for the w6v2. I had 4 of them in my truck for 5 years and they are still good to go. I ran a pair of them sealed in my truck with 2450+ rms to the pair. They can take the power if you dont crank it past their limits.

You can try a DC level 4. That should work for you. Or all the other subs listed above. FI, AA, RE xxx or SX, just watch some videos and see what you like.

Im still floored why people think the newer RE XXX is a suggestable sub. Have any of you looked at how it's put together? shotty at best and only two super soft spiders. But with as little power that he's running it would probably be ok.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.