3 way setups

There are a lot of nice 3-way active build logs on DIYMA (link). I don't have any pics, but the most common set ups are midbasses in the doors, mids in the kicks and tweets in the A-pillars. Have fun, I'm going to try the same thing.

dscf2191.jpg

Got lazy on the and bought the kicks. Couldnt fit the 8's in the stock door location, so I tried my hand at glassing with the door pods. Didnt turn out so bad for my first attempt I dont think.

When it warms up, I may change this up a bit and try the tweeters up in the pillars. It sounds pretty **** good, but I have to eq a good bit to raise the soundtage.

Nice, in my civic there is a spot on the door that I will be able to place my mid, the tweeter already has a stock space right where the mirror adjusters would be. What is the setup you are running? How does it compare to a 3 way?

Nice, in my civic there is a spot on the door that I will be able to place my mid, the tweeter already has a stock space right where the mirror adjusters would be. What is the setup you are running? How does it compare to a 3 way?
If you are asking me, I am running the Dynaudio 362's. 8" Midbass, 3" mid, 1.1" tweeter. It is a 3-way.

Unless you are talking about a different 3 way and my speakers do not compare to that. : )

The Rainbow should be nice, I have not personally listened to the Mmats.

You could look at an active set up with drivers from parts express but setting points, slopes, levels, and such will be a ***** if you run 3-way acitve.

I stuck with the passive crossovers to start with and may run active later.

I would go with as big a woofer as you can in the door even if it means a 2 way set up.

Ya I was going to go active with a 2 way but it was a pain just to start playing around with the settings. I do not really feel like haking the door up that much for a bigger woofer. I could probably go with a 7 inch woofers with a bit of modifications.

The Rainbow should be nice, I have not personally listened to the Mmats.
You could look at an active set up with drivers from parts express but setting points, slopes, levels, and such will be a ***** if you run 3-way acitve.

I stuck with the passive crossovers to start with and may run active later.

I would go with as big a woofer as you can in the door even if it means a 2 way set up.
yeah i'm running active with the HU in my sig and setting all the points, slopes, etc is a pain in the arse! but I love how it sounds! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif rebuilding my setup right now...doing 6.5s in the doors/4" and tweet in the pillars

couple pics of my door pods i'm working on...actually i'm taking a break from sanding them right now and about to start on the passenger side door //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

you said a 2 way was a pain in the ass to setup a 3 way will be even harder unless you get a passive 3 way setup. ALOT of Team Hybrid guys do 3 ways with mid in the kicks or doors and tweet and midrange in the pillars.

I'd suggest tweets above the dash. You can probably stick with the tweets on the sail panels, you'll get more width that way, but lack depth. Midrange can be up above the dash if you can fit them, or you can have them in the kicks for depth.. then midbass in the doors. Or if you have small midranges on the dash/pillars, then the midbass can be in kicks.

experiment with aiming.

xover points will depend on your choice of speakers and their locations, imo.

I'lll be going with MB in the kicks, MR and tweets in the dash/pillars if i ever finish

DSC04954.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigaudiofanati2

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
bigaudiofanati2
Bridgeton, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date