Alpine CDA9887 vs. Pioneer 880PRS

Which Used Deck is Best?

• Total voters
I would go with the Alpine then. They're pretty comparable units so price would be the tie breaker for me. I havent had the best luck with Pioneer either after owning 4 I switched to Alpine

As long as the Pioneer's pico fuse doesn't pop, the OP should be in good shape. Sadly, I've seen the pico fuses pop for what appeared to be no reason whatsoever.

I've got an 800PRS and I've owned a 9853 and a 9855, both of which have the same features as the 9887. The Pioneer has way more tuning features, but the Alpine is definitely easier to use. I would, however, vote for the Pioneer.

As long as the Pioneer's pico fuse doesn't pop, the OP should be in good shape. Sadly, I've seen the pico fuses pop for what appeared to be no reason whatsoever.
mine did this on my 880, but after grounding one of the sets of RCAs on the back, to the chassis of the headunit, all is good now.

ghetto yes, but its been proven to work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i still love my 880 and will never sell it, and will continue to run pioneer products. im just a fan of pioneer, more than alpine

Alpine all the way...own a 9887 and have for almost 2 years...LOVE IT! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

quick question here about pioneers pico fuse issue. Would it be a good idea to ground the back of the rcas to the head unit even if the pico fuse is still good to make sure it won't pop or would that be bad?

Just seems like it would be a little extra security to prevent that fuse from poppin or this may be a stupid question

No pico issue with the Alpine and you can get the Imprint software which REALLY makes a huge difference!

I'm not saying all of the Alpine HU's are the greatest, but the 9887 is of a design that Alpine really knows well and it is definitely their top HU, IMHO.

^^^the Imprint kit costs like an extra $150 or something like that. Most people complain about the Imprint for the 9887. I guess it makes a difference, but from what I've heard, it's a difference in the negative direction. The Pioneer comes with a mic for auto EQ and auto TA. There are no hidden costs to use all the features.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...