Sundown Z15 v.2 Producton Unit - First One

sundownz
Pro Seller

Supporting Vendor
North Carolina
Built one yesterday to almost full production specifications -- only difference to production is a small change to the coil (those coils are not in stock yet -- they are the last part I need). So... that means once coils are in they are ready to roll for customers.

Specifications :

RE: 1.9 ohms (D1 in series)

FS: 42.2 Hz (5 minute break-in)

Qes: 0.480

Qms: 4.024

Qts: 0.429

Le: 0.980 mH

Vas: 49.725 L

BL: 16.238 NA

Mms: 251.09 g

Cms: 56.48 uM/N

Sens: 90.76 1w/1m

Sens: 97.00 2.83v/1m

FS will drop along with Qts as Cms increases with break-in.

Concentration of this design was low MMS and Inductance -- which worked out well as you can see. Spider compliance can be tailored to what is needed -- 3 spiders (standard) was used for the above spec measurements. I have put over 7000 watt bursts through a unit with only 2 spiders, though, so that is a great option for those not wanting to use huge amounts of power. Extra spiders can be added... I would never suggest more than five of these units, though.

CIMG3377.JPG

* Light weight cone with narrow / tall surround (standard) -- optionally, the Nightshade cone can be used for ULTRA high power applications.. IMO, not needed for most daily setups (adds a good bit of MMS)

CIMG3378.JPG

* Single lead spiders (standard) -- double lead are optional (anyone running amps under 1 ohm should get double leads, IMO)

CIMG3379.JPG

A few big builds coming up for these as soon as they start shipping -- so keep your eyes peeled //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It could -- the top plate is 32mm tall.
Thats what I figured, the top plate did look huge, lol. In your opinion which motor would make the better underhung driver? SQ is priority 1, everything else be damned.

Thats what I figured, the top plate did look huge, lol. In your opinion which motor would make the better underhung driver? SQ is priority 1, everything else be damned.
NS v.2 -- taller top plate will give you more linear throw with the under-hung topology. Both have shorting rings as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.