Window tinting

Getting the tint pre-cut will make it way easier. And then all you have to worry about is getting the bubbles out of the tint. Just need a little soap and water then spray on to window and apply tint. Then use a squeegee or credit card to push the water out from under the tint. Then your good to go.

yeah you just need practice. Just keep doing it over then you will get good at it like everything else. It pissed me off at first then started to get the hang of it.

the actual act of tinting isn't that hard, but the cutting, cleaning and getting a clean installation is the hard part. oh and that's on the sides. the back window is totally different when it comes to making it fit and installation

the actual act of tinting isn't that hard, but the cutting, cleaning and getting a clean installation is the hard part. oh and that's on the sides. the back window is totally different when it comes to making it fit and installation
yep

Is this real hard to do?
Yes it is hard to do. I suggest you leave the tinting job to the professional since it's too risky. It may look easy to do-it-yourself but in the end you will realize nothing is as easy, the complex glass curvature and heat-shrinking are far too difficult. I asked help from \http://www.TintBuyer.com few months ago before I decided to let the professional tint my car. They gave me unbiased information about the type of tints, laws involve, prices in the market and most importantly, they helped me locate the best professional tinter near my area. I am really impressed with the results, I hope this one helps, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yea i'd pay someone.

i know people that can do anything to cars, including paint, anything motor wise, car audio, everything, and they still pay to tint (some of them)

its just one of those things u can either tint, or cant.. lol

It's not easy at all. Lucky for me my dad knows how to do it better than a shop so I just have to buy the tint //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif He did a full tint job on my old pontiac about 4 years ago now and that stuff still looks like the day he first did it.

Depends on your car. A lot of times the back glass is big and curved, so it's very difficult to do. You also have to get good tint or else it will turn purple quick and look like sh*t. I've never actually tried to do it myself, but am hoping to have my car done professionally soon. Usually I like to save as much money as possible, but I'd rather it look good.

Just wondering, what % you going with and what % does everybody else have? I'm thinking 20 all around.

Carbon died tint will never turn purple or mess with any cell phone interference. I've got a carbon died 18% tint on my car and on the front windows of my Jimmy. I've got a carbon died 5% sunstrip on both my vehicles. It's a little more expensive for the tint, but it's worth it. Oh, and definitely pay someone to do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.