Recommendations for 8" Subs........

Slammer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NC
I have friend with a regular cab Ford Ranger and he wants to build fiberglass boxes to go behind the seat. It is a 93, and he only has a little bit of room to work with. I told him that shallow mounts would fit easily, but he says that he wants to go with a pair of 8s, because he is big into SQ, and really doesn't care for the heavy bass (puss can't stand listening to my Mojo). Anyway, he asked for my advice, but I have never run 8s, or a true mid bass sub. I am seeing a lot of REs avaiable, as well as JL, RF, and MB Quarts. Anybody running 8s now that can help me out? Aslo, I was really surprised by the crazy low sensitivity ratings on these speakers. Most that I have looked at are in the low 80s, even the JLs. Thanks for any help.

I like both of those ideas. The E8 is discontinued, but I e mailed Jacob to see if he has any laying around. I don't know if my friend is gonna wanna pay for the DD. He is on a tight budget. Thanks for the help.

I like both of those ideas. The E8 is discontinued, but I e mailed Jacob to see if he has any laying around. I don't know if my friend is gonna wanna pay for the DD. He is on a tight budget. Thanks for the help.
Check the classifieds on this forum. E8's pop up all the time...

The big ones that people know are:

Sundown E8 - $50

Sundown SA-8 - $100

DD 1508 - $150 (BN)

DD 1008 - $100

Soundsplinter Orphan 8"

JL 8w7

Truebass 8"

What about the Image Dynamic ID8v.3 D2 & D4, or the Arc Audio 8D4. I'm actually looking for an 8" sub also, and these are the ones I've been contemplating. Thanks for the other suggestions.

Kevin.

The big ones that people know are:
Sundown E8 - $50

Sundown SA-8 - $100

DD 1508 - $150 (BN)

DD 1008 - $100

Soundsplinter Orphan 8"

JL 8w7

Truebass 8"
^ all good choices. may i add the Ascendant audio assassin 8 and the image dynamics ID8. What it really comes down to is price. how much does he plan on spending?

He will want to spend as little as possible. I doubt he will want to go as much as $100 each. He used to be into car audio 15-20 years ago, but has gotten out of it. I am gonna try searching the classified, but haven't had much luck with the search option since they updated the site. I searched Sundown Audio a couple weeks ago and it gave me classified posts from 2005, 2006 and 2007.

Just another option that no one suggested:

Elemental Designs E3.8 $95 shipped @ edesignaudio.com

I haven't tried this new version but the older 9kv.2 was a great sub...very nice sq and got loud.

jl w7 8in is the best sounding 8in ive ever heard i have 2 in my car and out of all the 8' conf ive tried 4x 8in re's 4 e8's the 2 jl w7's smash them all and they can hit notes low and high that i thoght only a 12in+ where capable of. sure they cost $300 each but 1 jl can match 2 of most other 8;s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.