Sundown 3000d vs. XXColossus 3200d

Civic_boi334
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I had the Colossus on 2 Death Penalty 12's 1 ohm stereo and it was loud and low, but now I have the Sundown 3000d running at .5 and it's not as loud as the Colossus on low notes. I was told to get the Sundown because it was more efficient and that it is rated 3000 watts of true power. Does anyone know what this could be???Can anyone help me come to a conclusion or help me with the settings??? The box is 5.5 net and is tuned to 33 hz. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

the hifonics is nice and does abit over rated.. but so does the SD they are capible of doing 3500+ @1ohm with 14 volts.. your seeing a small efficency drop going from 2 to .5 with the SD.. frequency response won't change between the 2 amps.. im 99.9999% positive you just need to properly set the gains... honestly i don't know hwy you sold the hifonics there great amps..

check you CDC players settings, turn the SSf on the SD all the way down turn the HP all the way up and make usre your wiring is correct, make sure you didn't wire a coil out of phase etc.. chanes are you won't hear any difference between the 2 amps..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.