Audiopipe 3000d or US Amps Merlin MD-3D???

Korn4Life
5,000+ posts

SUB LOVE
PA
I know the audiopipe is rated higher and it does its power at 2 ohm and the US amps does its power at 1 ohm. Im just wondering if both were the same price which you guys would choose,. Does US Amps still have the quality like they did before? Do they do rated power or are they over or under rated... Thanks for the help

are you being serious or are you trolling.

that shouldn't even need an answer bro. although i have always thought of audiopipe on the same level as jensen/audiobahn.

are you being serious or are you trolling.
that shouldn't even need an answer bro. although i have always thought of audiopipe on the same level as jensen/audiobahn.
I dont even know what trolling means! I know that US Amps have gone down hill over the past couple of years and im just wanting to know if they still do rated power or a lil more like they use to do. The audiopipe is a great amp for the price. Im not going for SQ im looking for solid power for spl build.

I know the audiopipe is rated higher and it does its power at 2 ohm and the US amps does its power at 1 ohm. Im just wondering if both were the same price which you guys would choose,. Does US Amps still have the quality like they did before? Do they do rated power or are they over or under rated... Thanks for the help
I have the Audiopipe and it is no joke. I'm saving up for an Aq3500d, but still will not sell the Audiopipe. For the price Ap has no competition! How do you know the Ap is rated too high? I've sat in many cars with mean high quality amps and I think it's really doing the whole 3000. A JL 500/1 won't push a 12W7 all the way, but the Ap off of just channel 1 at 3 ohm seemed like it was giving it all it could handle. That was with the gain turned a 3rd of the way up. I'm sure the Merlin is a good amp, but you should ask yourself can it do rated? It only has 3x40 amp fuses. I'd pass on the Merlin if i were you. For that price you could get a bxi2010d or bxi2610d, and I know they will put out more power than the US Amp. I'm not saying Ap is the best, but just a stronger amp than the Merlin, GUARANTEED!!!!!

I have the Audiopipe and it is no joke. I'm saving up for an Aq3500d, but still will not sell the Audiopipe. For the price Ap has no competition! How do you know the Ap is rated too high? I've sat in many cars with mean high quality amps and I think it's really doing the whole 3000. A JL 500/1 won't push a 12W7 all the way, but the Ap off of just channel 1 at 3 ohm seemed like it was giving it all it could handle. That was with the gain turned a 3rd of the way up. I'm sure the Merlin is a good amp, but you should ask yourself can it do rated? It only has 3x40 amp fuses. I'd pass on the Merlin if i were you. For that price you could get a bxi2010d or bxi2610d, and I know they will put out more power than the US Amp. I'm not saying Ap is the best, but just a stronger amp than the Merlin, GUARANTEED!!!!!
the md3d also has 3 internal 40a fuses //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

You shouldn't be basing how much power an amp puts solely by the fuse rating. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

My BAD! Didn't know about the internal fusing. I'm not basing just off fuse ratings. I've ran enough amps to know what I'm talking about. I'll put 2 Ap's against 2 Merlins any day on the Termlab anyday. The US has better quality. I was at the World Finals and them Audiopipes were loud as balls. I went to another comp that had 2 different guys running all Re subs and Us Amps, and they didn't do jack on the meter because they were having some kind of electrical issues. I'm not saying any names, but these are the type of guys that run their mouths like they know way more about car audio that everyone else. They can't believe when they lose to so called lower quality equipment. I know a guy that had 2 ap30001d's on 8 15's. It was underpowered and everyone was jumping out the van because of the bass pressure. I'm not knocking the Merlin, but I've seen it in action. I've ran RE products and will probably run them in the future. Just my 2 cents. Don't take it so serious. Good luck to the OP!

Correction, I actually sat in 3 cars that day with US Amps and all had problems with their systems. How could 3 different experts have these problems from such a high quality product. I still can't believe it myself. With that said, I'm sure they are really good amps. I've also heard them running fine with no problems.

US Amps > Audiopipe

I can't believe this is even an issue. I know there's hate for US Amps and the XT line is mediocre, but the MD and AX series' ARE extremely well built. US Amps still builds quality equipment...

US Amps > Audiopipe
I can't believe this is even an issue. I know there's hate for US Amps and the XT line is mediocre, but the MD and AX series' ARE extremely well built. US Amps still builds quality equipment...
X2

Hear it all the time around my neighborhood.

The reason i ask this question is because there are some US Amps Merlins (refurbs) I can pick up for right around the same price as the Audiopipe

The reason i ask this question is because there are some US Amps Merlins (refurbs) I can pick up for right around the same price as the Audiopipe
Well a buddy of mine is an authorized dealer and speaks highly of the US Amps, and I also know a few guys using the AP 3000.1 and have nothing bad to say about it. Either way you go, you're getting good power. ^2u

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.