voltage drops...and protect light

jguti92
10+ year member

FLORIDA
ok i have 2 kicker 4 ohms dvc cvr's bridge at 4 ohms to a crunch 1100 watt amp with a 2 farad capacitor with 8 gauge wiring and the ground for the capacitor is 10 gauge i think?

ok well at night my lightsdim alot when the volume is cranked high will the "big three upgrade" fix it?

also this is not always but sometimes when i am driving my amp will go into protect mode. the amp is hot but not so hot it could burn your hand(and the manuel said its 550 rms at 4 ohms bridged) so i dont think is a wiring/ohm problem.. so could it because my ground of the capacitor is 10 gauge and not 8 gauge? should i up my wires to 0 or 4 gauage?

Also sometimes when i am playing heavy bass songs the voltage drops to 11.0 to 10.9 could that be a problem?

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

if you are not wired like this i bet you r cooking that amp

don't forget not to let voltage drop that low anymore! I think anything under 12.5 volts is too low. IF you plan on adding another amp (bigger or second) in the future I'd go 0 gauge. If you think you'll keep this for a long time do 4 gauge. But remember it's better to do it right the first time, so I'd do 0 gauge although for your application it's overkill, you'll be fine with 4 gauge.

No, your amp's battery and ground terminals cannot support a big gauge like 1/0ga. Just use 4 ga wiring. Or if you want, use 1/0ga but use a distro for 4ga.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.