crfrider

Do Equalizers help? Are they worth it?

A yes are having eqs worth it? like does it help any? im looking at the CLARION EQS746 eq, Im not sure how you hook these up but if someone could help me i would appreciate it? does having one of these cancel out the eq on the hu and the eqs on the amps? Does it even Cancel out the remote bass knob for the sub amp? So do i run a RCA for each out put of my Hu like Sub, Front, Rear, to each Input on the EQ? or would i just run one set of RCAs out of the Hu to the Main Input on the EQ then run seperate RCAS to each amp, like Sub to Sub Amp, Front To Fronts Amp? does it give you better sound and control? thanks

Ref: ZachDash

hummmm good question

anybody?

:confused:

Good question x2

buck.box.designs@gmail.com

I help with full system support, if you need advice

:yumyum: I just like making people happy :yumyum:

they can help you or hurt you if you don't know how to set them properly...and most people don't know how :fyi:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3

StreetBeat 2................... 145.6

Stock 1801-up.................153.8

SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2

Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

they can help you or hurt you if you don't know how to set them properly...and most people don't know how :fyi:

It's too much to get into IMO unless you want absolutely perfect SQ.

buck.box.designs@gmail.com

I help with full system support, if you need advice

:yumyum: I just like making people happy :yumyum:

A yes are having eqs worth it? like does it help any? im looking at the CLARION EQS746 eq, Im not sure how you hook these up but if someone could help me i would appreciate it? does having one of these cancel out the eq on the hu and the eqs on the amps? Does it even Cancel out the remote bass knob for the sub amp? So do i run a RCA for each out put of my Hu like Sub, Front, Rear, to each Input on the EQ? or would i just run one set of RCAs out of the Hu to the Main Input on the EQ then run seperate RCAS to each amp, like Sub to Sub Amp, Front To Fronts Amp? does it give you better sound and control? thanks

External EQ's dont cancel anything, just makes the signal better by "Cleaning" it up. Bass knob is just like a bass volume, it's not really an EQ. Yes, they do give you better sound control. You can adjust things to your liking. Just dont get a cheap EQ. Not sure how to hook up your specific brand but in general, you need that signal to pass throught it right? So hook up sub RCA out to the EQ in, the from EQ out to amp in. Power and ground and remote turn out just like amp.

EDIT: Same thing for a mids/highs amp but use the corresponding out from the HU.

2 AB 1100.1's

4 Tantric Sounds SHD 18's

Team Tantric Sounds

X2, or you can get it set by a professional. I used to use one but not anymore. Too complicated to adjust for me.

2 AB 1100.1's

Team Tantric Sounds

ok but does the eqs having like 7 volt outputs, will that help with the power?

30 band parametric EQ's can be had for

Helps as much as you know how to use it! Ideally you'll use it to tame peaks rather than boost weak spots. Weak spots are typically phase issues / standing waves and boosting the frequencies will only strain equipment and add distortion. Re-thinking install location/aiming or more advanced processing would be needed to fix those sorts of problems.

ok but does the eqs having like 7 volt outputs, will that help with the power?

Not sure, like I said b4...too complicated for me. Talk with the sales rep tech for that product or talk with someone with more knowledge about external EQ's.

2 AB 1100.1's

Team Tantric Sounds

With my setup, it was night and day once I adjusted everything. Especially after I used an RTA; God, that REALLY made a difference!

My EQ is built into my HU (16 band). I'd actually like to get an external one at some point.

they are well worth it once everything is setup properly....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3

StreetBeat 2................... 145.6

Stock 1801-up.................153.8

SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2

Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

With my setup, it was night and day once I adjusted everything. Especially after I used an RTA; God, that REALLY made a difference!

My EQ is built into my HU (16 band). I'd actually like to get an external one at some point.

What headunit?

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima

2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3

2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX

Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4

Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

What headunit?

My mistake, it's a 13 band.

Kenwood DDX812.

I have one. It does help. Maybe if you haven't bought an head unit just yet just get one that is built in to the radio.

But I have an external one and it helps to fine tune my sound and I use it a lot. It could be because my HU is old and it doesnt bring the best/sharp sound quality i like.

I am not sure if this is an installer error but whenever i turn my car on or off, i get this loud/pop feedback through my speakers. But without the EQ i dont.

The brand you are looking to get is the brand i have.

isn't it a HU that automatically adjust the EQ i forget the brand, but remember someone was mad because it was difficult to set the EQ manually unless you bought some extra unit to go to it.

:censored:KArAudio.COM:censored:

copy.jpg

OMGROFLHI2ULOLLERZTITSHAHAHAHASEALEDMTWTFSTFUKTHXBYENO0B

-Nick

An EQ is really a must for a good sounding car system but if it is used improperly it will just make things worse.

standard disclaimer: I know nothing ..... take my advice at your own peril

i think we're between boners at the moment

I love my 16 band graphic, took me about an hour to get it right once everything else was set up. There were 3-4 frequencies boosted by 1 or 2 db and 3 or 4 frequencies cut by one but just the small tweaks made a big difference. The most common tendency is over-equalization to overcompensate for equipment or install deficiencies. This just puts you closer to a clipped signal and often causes you to trade one frequency response problem for another.

First lesson in EQ: Someone at some point will advise you all you need to do is make the graph a big smiley face by boosting the lows and highs. Ignore them.

Re: whats some good components?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathpenalty18

Not an sq set up just want good sq speakers and tweets not interested in mids! And my sub is a fcking ia dp 18 with a memphis 4kw

Originally Posted by x1le

mids ARE speakers.

A component set = pair of midwoofer's and a pair of tweeter's

and nobody cares what your sub is.

Im getting a Zapco Eq today cause I need one. I have a stock HU. I want my stuff to sound clean..

Refs. Sold to: Superduper,ncpalafox,lmsfootball35,Schicksal,Nukedsodapop,G0NGSHOW,TacoSauce,scooter924,eclipsepb25,RetroAudioinc,smd4life,Stateprop486,Got_Bass89, Anniku989,Ryan1126,altoncustomtech-- Traded with: SteveyHustle--Bought from: MOJOBASS, Xtremebass5,Path2spl,Violentaudio,5.3bowtie, mike75356,matrxx dude, Kovemaster559,acex3a,Sundownz,Grinder1989, revrider1,andrew2944r,hornedfrog1985,tez4life .

i got the large on front

the small in rear

they work for me

:eek:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now