Thinking about going with 3-4 8" HT subs.

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
Well currently i am running two Dayton B652 as rear surround, 2 Bose 201Vs up front, Dayton CCS-33B as a center channel, 12" Image Dynamics IDmax (currently) as the sub in like 1.55cuft sealed, being powered by a sony STR-K700. The ID Cx62 is not running.

Dayton B652

Dayton CCS-33B

Bose 201v

IDmax 12"

Sony STR-K700

31246870048_large.jpg

31246870049_large.jpg

I WANT to get 3-4 8" or possibly smaller subwoofers that will fit under my futon. I would like to keep them in a super low tuned or sealed box. If you cant tell from the equipment, i am ballin on a budget. Any recomendations? I might go with something from Dayton since i am representing them pretty hard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Probably looking to spend like $50 or so a piece. I dont think i am working with much power, but the idmax does great with the power and my older 15" IDQ did also.

If all else fails ill do some sort of bandpass with the 15"IDQ, it just takes up SOOO much space.

I am thinking like 3-4" of mounting depth with wood for the enclosure taken into account. Thanks guys, sorry for such a lengthy post, i just wanted to show off what i had going on. The front is a little high and the rear seems to be a little close, but it sounds great on both music and movies!

i dont think ur goin to have the low end extension with 8's u need for HT
From everything i have read, i heard that it doesnt matter the size of the sub for "deep" or "low" bass.....

Like the 8"s are quicker and have more SQ, 18"s get lower but dont have SQ BS was actually BS.......... am i not thinking on the same level?

So what's the max sub depth you can have? If you can fit a 4.25" deep sub, I'd recommend the Dayton DVC if you're on a budget.
I have 7" from the floor to the bottom of the futon. So i guess i could squeeze like 4"-5" mounting depth as long as there isnt a pole vent as long as i use 1/2" wood.

From everything i have read, i heard that it doesnt matter the size of the sub for "deep" or "low" bass.....
Like the 8"s are quicker and have more SQ, 18"s get lower but dont have SQ BS was actually BS.......... am i not thinking on the same level?
this is correct...

but in ht, bigger is always better...

i would do 1 15 or so over a bunch of 8s...

hmmm ok ... go over to AVSforum.com or hometheatershack.com... and see how many people are running 8's

this is correct...
but in ht, bigger is always better...

i would do 1 15 or so over a bunch of 8s...
Oh ok i got you. Sooooo, i really like my 15" IDQ, but i think its still too deep from what i can remember. Its at home and im in my dorm about 3 or so hrs away. I think ill work on a nice bandpass over the summer. Ill have to do a lot of reading, but it should be a cool project. Hopefully i wont be stuck in a dorm again next semester. I was just going 8"s because i figured they would fit better.

Maybe ill just make a futon out of my bandpass box for the sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hmmm ok ... go over to AVSforum.com or hometheatershack.com... and see how many people are running 8's
yeah, sorry, i was thinking car audio..... I said i was new to HT so i appologize for my lack of knowledge.

Oh ok i got you. Sooooo, i really like my 15" IDQ, but i think its still too deep from what i can remember. Its at home and im in my dorm about 3 or so hrs away. I think ill work on a nice bandpass over the summer. Ill have to do a lot of reading, but it should be a cool project. Hopefully i wont be stuck in a dorm again next semester. I was just going 8"s because i figured they would fit better.
Maybe ill just make a futon out of my bandpass box for the sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ive never attempted doing a bp for ht, ive always stuck with biig boxes tuned low...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.