Subs only work in ACC

Background-

So I have a Zapco I600 amp and 2 poineer 400 watt 10 " subs set up in series in my WRX. I had installed it about 2 years ago with my stock deck and a crossover. I wired the speakers to the crossover and RCA from crossover to amp. I connected the remote lead to the illumination on the wiring harness. The weird thing was that if i turned the key to the ACC position and let the head unit come on the subs worked.. but then turned the car on the subs didnt work. Although if i turned the car on right from off without going into ACC they worked.. so i didnt bother figuring out the problem.

Problem-

Recently i got the JVC kw-avx820 head unit. I installed it and everything is the same accept for the RCAs going from the preamp RCA out on the head unit to the amp and the rempte lead from the amp to the designated remote wire on from the new wiring harness. Now the subs work perfect when key is in ACC position but if i turn the car on NO subs! and if i start the car from off still NO subs! but if i put the car into start without actually turning it over.. they subs work but only intermittently every 5-10 seconds they hit... oddest thing ive ever seen .. so i did alot of troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting-

So i first checked the voltages at the Amp while in ACC 12.5 on the power and 11.5 on the remote. looks good. Then i checked it while car is running, 14.5 on the power and 12.5 on the remote .. Amp powers on which means powers coming and remote lead is working.

Next i got a new set of RCAs and hooked them up just to see if my RCAs were bad ... nothing.. BUT i did find something interesting when i pluged in the RCA only half way without the outside (which i think is the ground) toughing they worked fine.. but if i plugged it completely into the head unit subs stop working. This is also true if i only half way plug the RCA into the amp without the outside touching .. They work!

Next i conneted the remote strait to the 12v power source from the battery and pluged my Ipod directly into the AMP via headphone to RCA wire. And with the car RUNNING the subs worked! then i pluged the remote back to the deck and nothing changed subs still worked with the ipod

Finally i took the harness out of the deck and brought the deck into the trunk and directly connected the power and the 12v constant to the 12v power source from the battery, the ground to the ground and the remote lead to the amp.. with the car running the subs work but only intermittently they go on and off every few seconds...

this is all extremly odd to me and i cant for the life of me figure out the problem ... it cant be the amp or subs or voltage ... something must change when going from ACC to START and then to the engine running that changes something in the deck and shorts the ground on the RCA wires but how can that happen? .. if anyone has any ideas please help me out id really appreciate it thanks alot.

what do you mean the deck wires are wrong? all it is is the power 12v constant ground RCA and remote lead i checked em all 100 times hah my decks been hanging out of my dash for 3 days i dont know what could be connected that changes when car goes from ACC to start..

my remote wires blue but yeah black ground red power and where would i put a switch and how would it help the amp powers on correctly when the car turns on its just there is no sound from the subwoofers when the car is running makes 0 sense

my remote wires blue but yeah black ground red power and where would i put a switch and how would it help the amp powers on correctly when the car turns on its just there is no sound from the subwoofers when the car is running makes 0 sense
edit

so ive came to the conclusion that its something to do with the rca wires because the subs work fine when only the inside of the rca is connected but when i plug the whole thing in and the outer part which is the ground connects is stops sending sound... i also plugged the rca half way in so the sound worked and touched a ground wire to the outside sheild and it made it stop working... my question is what is happening when the outside is grounded some how its shorting the circuit? and what would starting the car change for this to happen?? please someone give me some insight im stumped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.