Another Alpine Type R Thread

Chimps
10+ year member

Hi I am new to the car audio industry and I am most certainly going to get 2 Alpine 10 Inch Subs. I just don't know which voice coil subs to get. I want to wire the subs at 2 ohm but do I get the dual 4 or dual 2 ohm sub? Thanks a lot.

If you absolutely want a 2ohm final load then get the DVC 2ohm ones and wire them either in series then parallel'd together or vice versa. I would advise you to get a 1ohm stable amp and get the DVC 4ohm ones though because to an amp that would adequately push two type R's at 2ohms would prob be fairly costly whereas an amp that puts out the power at 1 ohm would be more than likely cheaper. This is of course if you don't have the amp already. Let us know if you need amp suggestions.

well ya if your amp can go to 1 ohm if not or if you dont feel like running 1 ohm then 2 ohm dvc is what you need

2 ohm dvc can be wired 2 ohms or 8 ohms or .5 ohms

4 ohm dvc can be wired 1 or 4

I'd personally rather run a pair at 2ohms so I could wire the voice coils in series to keep motor strength, then wire them parallel from one sub to another...that's just me though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.