2 Kicker 15" L7s.. In A Civic Hatch.. I wanna do this right..

Pimpdaddyq
10+ year member

Owner: Quicks Car Audio
Clinton Iowa
alright.. im about to do a build for a buddy for his early 90s civic hatchback..

2 Kicker L7 15s, off a Hifonics Bxi2610D.. Should get loud.. its what he wants, so whatever.. BUT for the box..

I wanna make sure this is perfect.. I have a 34x34x20 space to work with.. could go a bit deeper i guess.. but thats about the extent of it.. I want to see what you guys think for the box.. where subs should face, port size, etc..

I was gonna do subs and port on same plane, big slot across the top, he could turn box towards the hatch or front, whatever he prefers, and should get loud.. I want to do an interchangable port, one for lows, one tuned slightly higher for the mic (wants to compete in local comps).. Any input is Greatly appreciated.. Thanks guys..

Happy Holidays, Have a safe new years fellas..

tune it between 35-38 and port back subs up

i just did 2 12" brutus squares an 2450 rms in an acura hatch and he can do small hair tricks on music //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif big 1's on tones really easily

dextermoped in my sig //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif he even helped with the install.

he will be posting a build log soon.

You think itll be louder then sub and port back? Im not doubting you.. as in SUVs ive done the same.. but elaborate on what you think. I appreciate it man..

the subs compress of the glass the port back give it time to develop the sound wave subs waves are way slower than highs so it takes more distance for the sound to develop.

Alright.. I think imma try subs up port back.. With that said.. What about port area, and sub placement.. subs all the way up to the front seats? And I wanna do one chamber braced to hell.. port area fro roughly 10cubes after disp. tuned to ~32, and tuned higher for comps..

Yea.. Last time i did 2 L7s in a blazer and tuned em at 36 and it hit low and high, but the kid was happy with it.. Thanks man.. Imma try n do a build log although its not that big..

my 12" L7 got pretty low tuned at 37Hz but when i tuned it to 32Hz it lost all its deep bass. so i would reccomend something around 37Hz. i did a slot port box. i got a prefab tuned at 34Hz and it ****** ass. i wasn't pleased with my numbers on two 12" L7's either

the subs compress of the glass the port back give it time to develop the sound wave subs waves are way slower than highs so it takes more distance for the sound to develop.
*smacks head on table*

All frequencies travel at the same speed, all other factors left equal.

never said the speed of the sound changes dude i said the wavelength learn to read //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sound energy is transmitted through air (or other particles) as a traveling pressure wave. In air the displacement wave amplitude may range from 10-7 mm to a few mm per second.

Frequency

The frequency - cycles per second - of a sound is expressed in hertz - Hz. The frequency can be expressed as

f = 1 / T (1)

where

f = frequency (s-1, Hz)

T = time for completing one cycle (s)

Example - Frequency

The time for completing one cycle for a 500 Hz tone can be calculated using (1) as

T = 1 / (500 Hz)

= 0.002 s

The range for human hearing is 20 to 20.000 Hz. By age 12-13.000 Hz are the upper limit for many people.

Wavelength

The wavelength of sound is the distance between analogous points of two successive waves.

λ = c / f (2)

where

λ = wavelength (m)

c = speed of sound (m/s)

f = frequency (s-1, Hz)

Example - the Wavelength of a Tone

In air at normal atmosphere at 0 oC the speed of sound is 331.2 m/s. The wavelength of a 500 Hz tone can be calculated as:

λ = (331.2 m/s) / (500 Hz)

= 0.662 m

thx, i've had three crx's and in those a crx style box worked best... two 15's idk if he has enough width to make a mid box port, maybe across the entire back of the box firing up, or hey ports back really cant hurt after all, it wont be all that much of a diff either way imho.... could always do subs forward ports back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif thats the new standard for crx's now-a-days

Civic hatch likes sub up port back for sure. You may get good results with other configurations but this is what I would do. It also likes sub forward port back if you get the subs close to b pillar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.