Official Highoutput Alternator Companys Pros & Cons

please post of pros and cons on different highoutput alternator companys...and your experience with these companys
DC on top. alittle more money but it works great. lowest i drop is 13.6 when i bassrace. and i don't rev my engine. 4 no name batts and 1 diehard. 4 runs of pos and neg

i had a motorcity alt. ****.

so so on EA.

friend had a mean green alt. work good when it work. but **** up 3 times and mean green wouldn't respond anymore.

friends with MM said they work good also.

my experience:

Iraggi alts **** ROTTEN CORPSE ASSHOLE and their customer service is even worse

Ohio Generator makes good **** and I have never had ot contact customer service so I don't know about that...

this thread has been done a thousand times...but my Mean Green worked out great for me. Alt performed and their customer service was very good.

dc no problems shipped it real quick (at door step with in 19 hrs overnight shipping) dont dip bellow 14.3 five batts in total.

when i meter it goes up to 14.8 as stock alt fully kicks in as there is a load on it .

last one (on a 97 tahoe) was an iraggi failed with in a week but the shop took care of it.

Ive got a iraggi HO alt and it charges at 14.3-14.5 and havent had any problems, perfect fitment first try and no brackets needed.

Really awesome customer service, picked up literally whenever i called and helped out asap.

Ill hold out on my horror story from another company until I'm sure they wont refund me, respond to any emails or calls or voicemails.

i have a powermaster alt built by mechman, 14.9 cold, 14.4 hot, if i cruise on the freeway hot it charges back up to 14.7-14.8. does 138 at idle (700rpms)/240 max with original pulley, good customer service, killer price.

i have a powermaster works great ,im got one with a adjustable voltage regulater, love it. my last one was from a company in tennesee called db electric 220 amp started to fail in 5 months they replaced it but the new one started to fail 4 months later, they wouldnt do anything about it. well i guess you get what you pay for .250 shipped from them but too much bs

just curious...how do you go about getting a alt from MM?

Im in same boat as stilltippin with a grand marquis and thinkin the 250A from MM is the best bet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.