Port length

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
After the displacements other than the port (dunno how long it will be yet), I have 5.38 cubic ft. inside volume. I have an 8'' port, and tuned to 32Hz, how long should it be? I can have some sticking out because the height is only 20.75 inside and I want at least 4'' between the bottom of the port and the bottom of box.

a couple of sites are telling me 18.7'' when I type in the 5.38 volume. What if I want like 4 inchs out of the box?

so far this is what ive come up with..

12.75'' in the box and that takes up .38 cubes. That leaves me with 5^3 internal volume. Based on the box calculator, I need 20.6'' port to have 32hz. So 20.6-12.7 = 7.85''

12.75'' in and 7.85'' out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.