DC Audio subs?

twistedchild420
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
East,TX
I want to start by saying i once thought of trying DC subs....but...is there something i just don't get? I keep hearing all these horror stories of these subs failing on not much power...and it would seem people are always getting re-cones?Now i know anyone can blow any sub...but it seems like even people that "know" what they are doing are having them crap out quite a bit.And judging by power handling it would seem only the Level 5 is worth messing with! I know Thor has had success with them.Adding to all this once i looked into pricing it further seemed unjustifiable to even pay admission price.So what's the hype behind this company? Good CS i hear...but what else drives this hype?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

no matter what new sub line comes out, theres always a group of people that get the boners for them. i personally have never ran equipment that i havent seen or heard in person first.

The customer service, like you said, is amazing. I personally had the tinsels on one of my XLs fail with only 1500w but after the recone it hasn't had any issues and didn't stop me from continuing to run DC. I personally have used a 10'' XL, 10'' BL, 12'' Nightshade, 2-12'' LV4s w/ LV5 coils, and 2-12'' XLs and am getting a third XL. I have heard multiple 9500 and AQ setups and the LV4s and XLs just have a more natural sound in my opinion whereas the DDs and AQs have more of a hollow sound to me.

I had a lvl 4 xl for some time. I threw my full gp3000d at it and it took it like a champ. I was definitely pleased with the performance of this sub and would gladly buy dc in the future.

But as far as people recommending subs, it's always just a bandwagon around here.

no matter what new sub line comes out, theres always a group of people that get the boners for them. i personally have never ran equipment that i havent seen or heard in person first.
Good statement...i once got stuck on DD for a while ...but then realized it's best to give everything a try....but some people act like they are the best thing since sliced bread...and i have heard quite a few DC set-ups...just nothing to write home about ...honestly the last few set-ups that amazed me were running Cascade,RD,and IA...i'm sure someone will chime in with "DC FTMFW" soon ...lol

Good statement...i once got stuck on DD for a while ...but then realized it's best to give everything a try....but some people act like they are the best thing since sliced bread...and i have heard quite a few DC set-ups...just nothing to write home about ...honestly the last few set-ups that amazed me were running Cascade,RD,and IA...i'm sure someone will chime in with "DC FTMFW" soon ...lol
the last 2 loud setups i got demos on were noiseycricket with 4 15' DP's and robins 2 21'' wardens, and **** i must say i would try IA one day.

however, you have people (smd.com) for example. they buy FI/AA cus thats what meade runs, its pathetic.

I heard some DC subs at the last show we had and it was a burp car, it was pretty impressive for what it was but i never heard what it did on music so until then i wouldnt consider DC

The customer service, like you said, is amazing. I personally had the tinsels on one of my XLs fail with only 1500w but after the recone it hasn't had any issues and didn't stop me from continuing to run DC. I personally have used a 10'' XL, 10'' BL, 12'' Nightshade, 2-12'' LV4s w/ LV5 coils, and 2-12'' XLs and am getting a third XL. I have heard multiple 9500 and AQ setups and the LV4s and XLs just have a more natural sound in my opinion whereas the DDs and AQs have more of a hollow sound to me.
This is true...i would say versus any sub this can be said about DD and AQ's "hollowness" ....just mostly loud ...but people don't buy them for SQ lol...but yeah i hear Rusty's CS is top notch....i still might try a lvl 5 one day

i had a dc level 4 and it did not impress me but i never really did any extensive testing with it. i always hear good things about dc though

I'm with you on giving everything a try and I agree DC has definitely become the company everyone is obsessing over now. I'm not saying there isn't better out there it's just they've worked well for what I wanted.

Oh hell in that case DC FTMFW! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Taking the fact that I run DC currently my statement will be taken as biased but thats ok. lol

I was very impressed on how musical the sub was. Much smoother lower bass response than DD/AQ which we all know to be peaky even in lower tuned boxes.

Yes I have blown up a couple and purposely blown up a couple just to see and get a feel of the actual limits.

Having said that lvl 6 10's coming my way soon from thier Number 1 Fanboy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the last 2 loud setups i got demos on were noiseycricket with 4 15' DP's and robins 2 21'' wardens, and **** i must say i would try IA one day.
however, you have people (smd.com) for example. they buy FI/AA cus thats what meade runs, its pathetic.

I heard some DC subs at the last show we had and it was a burp car, it was pretty impressive for what it was but i never heard what it did on music so until then i wouldnt consider DC
Ahhh yes ...i have been more than pleased with IA... definitely will run them again one day....i would just hate to get caught up in a fad...that's why i can't wait to try a SSA set-up....no one hardly runs them and I've heard nothing but good things! Fi makes loud subs but the company itself has been overshadowed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Ahhh yes ...i have been more than pleased with IA... definitely will run them again one day....i would just hate to get caught up in a fad...that's why i can't wait to try a SSA set-up....no one hardly runs them and I've heard nothing but good things! Fi makes loud subs but the company itself has been overshadowed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
truth, just like reading thors comment, hes loyal to DC.

i run FI (sig says different, long story) and not at all on the "boner". its the product i like and what i will continue to run

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.