My 15" HX2 > Your 13W6 - My comparison

Participant count
  • Participant list

ls2poweredgoat
5,000+ posts

Womanizer
Same amp, same settings.

13W6 in a built to spec ported box (35hz) vs a 15" RF Punch HX2 in a built to spec ported box (30hz).

Obviously, the HX2 destorys the low notes and beats the **** out of my car ('bout me - Ace Hood).

The JL is eh, sounds good no doubt, but eh. Would I ever pay $750 for one? HA! No. I paid $150 for mine and it should be well worth it for the price I'm going to flip it locally.

They were pretty close on output (Eclipse XA1200), but the JL needed more output from the headunit to get as loud as the HX2, much more. Does that make the RF more efficient? I think so.

I'm not a JL fan boy, I'm not an RF fan boy. I paid $30 for the RF from a local, and $150 for the JL from a local.

The RF is JUST as clean, just as accurate, and IMO, blends better with my front stage (but then again, it's tuned lower, doesn't that make a difference?).

All I know is this, the RF absolutely POUNDS, and gets stupid low. It makes any other sub I've owned look stupid (MAW-15 for example).

Oh well, just wanted to point this out.

Now I know why you guys pop a boner every time an HX2 is mentioned. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

DSCN3415.jpg

DSCN3417.jpg

Yeah.. Whose 13w6v2 are you speaking of?

Regarding the "blending better with your frontstage," I find it interesting, since the RF blended better than the w6 (to you), but it was also louder.

Output is a big factor, along with others of course, to how a sub blends with the rest of the setup.

Did you level match them when you did your little comparison?

Yeah.. Whose 13w6v2 are you speaking of?
Regarding the "blending better with your frontstage," I find it interesting, since the RF blended better than the w6 (to you), but it was also louder.Output is a big factor, along with others of course, to how a sub blends with the rest of the setup.

Did you level match them when you did your little comparison?

With the gain adjusted properly on the headunit...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.