remote start crank time on clifford 50.5x

boweldi

does anyone know how to adjust the crank time on this alarm system? (clifford 50.5x)

when i remote start my car it only cranks for a short amount of time and then it stops trying and the car doesn't start. it will start if i try again though.

my remote start used to work but after a few engine mods the crank time has increased so it needs a little more now. how can i get it to crank longer?

and i didn't install the system myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

^^ What he said, sounds like the Clifford isn't detecting a signal for the tachometer. Maybe blew a fuse or fried something electrical when doing the engine mods that raped your Clifford, or it could just be screwy.

^^ What he said, sounds like the Clifford isn't detecting a signal for the tachometer. Maybe blew a fuse or fried something electrical when doing the engine mods that raped your Clifford, or it could just be screwy.
Nah, I think he's just referring to the crank time. Some cars need a longer crank time before the engine turns on.

On my viper 5901, it's in Menu 3, setting 3. It can be adjusted to either 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, or 4.0 seconds.

Wow whos car would need a 4 second crank time? Lol.

But yeah, I'm not sure if the clifford 50.5x has the same programming and such as mine, but your best bet will be download the installation manual. It's probably on the DEI/clifford website. In there it will tell you. I just got all the info from above from my installation manual //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Now, usually startup problem are related to the tach, but if you are sure it's because whatever you modded increased the time (i.e. you have to hold the key cranking it manually for more then the 1/2 a second it used to take), then that's probably the problem. If increasing crank time doesn't work, check the tach wire and make sure if the alarm uses the "Vitrual Tach" system it's programmed correctly.

i found the install manual and read through it, lol thanks i'll try to do it when i get more time. (finals =[) but whats strange is my friends alarm which is also a clifford matrix automatically keeps cranking until his car starts and his car takes a LONG time to start, maybe 3 seconds or so.

But he's saying it starts when the brain cranks the second time....So, I'd say it's a crank time issue. There's a chance it's on voltage sense anyways, W/O a tach. You're on the right path with the crank time increase IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.