car wont start but radio, lights, etc.. works

orionman825
10+ year member

Wyld Stylz Custom Audio
??? my car tries to turn over and my dad thinks it is the battery does not have enough of a charge to turn over the motor. any ideas?? we tried jumping the car and still the same thing...so i have no idea. the radio is still able to play loud and all the lights and headlights work fine. i dont know wat to do. helppp:confused:

so when you turn the key it just keeps turnin it over and dosent start? or does it just barley turn it over and dies? i doubt its the battery if you tried to jump it as well. Get a dmm and check the resting voltage of the battery tho.

this

but does the car make any sound while trying to start, starter turning over ect??
this.. if it clicks or doesn't make any noise then the wires going to the starter are shot or the starter itself is if the audio and what not works.. if it cranks and sounds like it wants to and it won't start you have a spark issue meaning its not making its way to the plugs whether through the wires the plugs the cap or distro

also did u do the big 3 or anything? could be a grounding issue somewhere.
only an issue if old wires were removed though.. I doubt that his issue.. he should check the other stuff first.. if you don't know how to explain it op get a vid of the noise..

only an issue if old wires were removed though.. I doubt that his issue.. he should check the other stuff first.. if you don't know how to explain it op get a vid of the noise..
just tryin to look into all possibilities. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

my dad always wants to blame my system as well... lol but if its turning over then the battery is doing the job. you now have to look at plugs, wires, starter, and possibly fuel pump.

what car ? do you have coil packs ? whats the last thing you did to the car underhood wise ? maybe try taking a screwdriver and touchin the B+ post which will have a heavier gauge wire to the M post which wont have wire running to it but will have a wire from it on the soleniod to the starter motor if the car starts prolly a starter soleniod anyway to make a vid of problem pm me if you want some more help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.