TC-5200 Top Assembly Repair Help

jonny101abc
10+ year member

SOCAL Stang-Man
I received this today, and was planning on just using the spider/coil assembly and qca ring, but it looks like i can save the basket and use the assembly as a whole.

the basket is cracked in between the spokes, and it looks repairable

how would i go about fixing this? JB Weld?

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

Take a dremel with a wire brush, take off the paint in the surrounding areas by the cracks. Clean the actual surface of the break and bevel it a bit to get good penetration on the weld and just take it to a metal shop. They can tig weld that in there real nice and it'll be stronger than it was before. Hit it with some gloss black spray paint and get a recone. I know it's probably not the solution you wanted to hear, but it's the only way to PROPERLY repair that. It's not a large chunk or supported by any of the spokes, so slopping some JB Weld on there is far from a proper fix.

Get it done right... that's a hell of a sub. It deserves a proper fix //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Take a dremel with a wire brush, take off the paint in the surrounding areas by the cracks. Clean the actual surface of the break and bevel it a bit to get good penetration on the weld and just take it to a metal shop. They can tig weld that in there real nice and it'll be stronger than it was before. Hit it with some gloss black spray paint and get a recone. I know it's probably not the solution you wanted to hear, but it's the only way to PROPERLY repair that. It's not a large chunk or supported by any of the spokes, so slopping some JB Weld on there is far from a proper fix.
Get it done right... that's a hell of a sub. It deserves a proper fix //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Thanks bro

TIG'ing it will fix it, but if you want to keep everything in tact, that will not happen. You'd probably need to recone it. Not sure if you wanted to go that route, because it looks like everything is in decent shape. Well, minus the slices in the surround. :lol: It's possible to keep the coil and spiders and just change the cone. Hit up David of TeamPSI. I'm sure he could help you out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.