Alpine cde-102 dc error, please help!

Cart9739
10+ year member

Ive searched beforehand, fyi...now, onto the problem. I have installed an Alpine CDE-102 head unit, that was working correctly when I first got everything done. About 1 day later i go to turn it on and nothing plays, only one thing is displayed on the screen: "DC Error". I tried looking it up on the internet and didn't get much...For example:

*Copied from manual*

"Displayed for all modes: DC Error - malfunction occurred as a result of the speaker cable shorting on the car chassis.

1) route the cable correctly, and set Power IC to power on.

2) If above solution does not work, consult nearest dealer.

i have a few questions...Why did this happen? what caused the cable to "short?" And, if anyone else is using this unit, can i have detailed steps as to how to find "Power IC", I can't seem to locate it...thanks for all your help!

go over all your connects ... pull out the deck and make sure no wire is exposed maybe even go over all them again .. also if you've upgraded the speakers if the problem isn't at your deck to go over the connections on your speakers

would it just be a wiring issue? i know i had problems with my old pioneer head unit overheating and shutting off all my speakers because it got too hot X_X could the heat be a problem for this as well? i hope not...But thanks a lot for your post!

Did you do speakers at the same time? This typically occurs when a speaker

terminal

is

grounded out. Pull the stereo

and check speaker wires for groun

I am having the same DC Error on the same head unit. I didnt upgrade from stock speakers. The error is not consistent, but in the fact that it occures when i have the volume up above 25. I checked all my wiring for shorts, even the speakers which are still original.

My thoughts about the high volume being the culprit, could it be the stock speakers over capacity and shorting out to prevent overload?

I know i might be giving Nissan cheapo stock speakers alot of credit in this, but if i keep the volume at a dull roar, no errors.

Other thought is, could the higher volumes be putting enough output down line to create a short that may not be reflected in a simple Ohm check?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.