Who builds enclosures here?

TWiZTiD859
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
I need a sealed enclosure for my 15" TC LMS-4000. Its going in a 01 S10 ext cab so I have about 40" wide 24" tall 12-14" top depth and 16-18" bottom depth to work with. It needs to be slanted in the front so it will fit right and sub facing forward. I was thinking 4-5 cubic feet after disp. Actually I could use some recommendations on the size cuz Im not exactly sure what would be best for this sub. Its in a 4cubic ft ported with 2 4" aeros tuned to 36hz and its just not the sound Im looking for. I think its tuned too high maybe or its not big enough or it doesnt have enough port area. Plus I think I will like a sealed enclosure better. So let me here some prices and possibly see some designs,please? It doesnt have to be carpeted just good quality. I do not have the time,patience or skills to bulid one myself so dont tell me to build it myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can anyone help a brotha out?

36hz is kinda high, does the sound get annoying? I've heard that before. My friend had 2 JL 12W6v2 in an s10 ext. cab, 3.3cu/ft tuned to 33hz, they are small box subs and sounded loud and low would give him headaches. We built his box so someone coudl still cram into the 3rd seat.

good luck with your box.

36hz is kinda high, does the sound get annoying? I've heard that before. My friend had 2 JL 12W6v2 in an s10 ext. cab, 3.3cu/ft tuned to 33hz, they are small box subs and sounded loud and low would give him headaches. We built his box so someone coudl still cram into the 3rd seat. good luck with your box.
Yea it gets annoying sometimes. On music like Korn it sounds awesome,its nice and tight and hits pretty good but on rap with low bass it just sounds "boomy" and doesnt sound good IMO. I know this sub isnt meant to get extremly loud but I know it should sound way better than it does. The box its in now was originally built for a 15" AQ HD3 so thats why its tuned to 36hz. I want more of a flat response so I think sealed is the way to go with this sub.

I'm going to vote Vitveet also, great guy and makes some very nice enclosures. I have been to his house a couple times and watched him build stuff for me. He is very good at it and will give you the best price he possibly can.

Hello! THANKS to everyone for their recommendations!

TWiZTiD859 shoot me an email at vitveet@hotmail.com and we'll discuss things and get you squared away!

You should be able to find plenty of pics here from when people have posted my builds (I haven't posted any in probably over a year or so...WAY too many and i've lost the time too), but if you can't, I'll shoot you a few links to 1,000 or so builds I've done from 06' and 07'. Working on getting pics from 08' and 09' up and I'm sure that'll push me over 3k pics!

Anyhow, thanks and talk with you later!

V.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.