How to make a box with the least imp rise?

I believe smaller=less rise.

But bigger=more efficient.

So you can get more power out of a smaller box but you're losing the efficiency of a bigger box so which do you choose?

i had the same question and made a thread awhile ago. there were a couple guys that had some good info, but smaller was the way to go iirc. search for the thread to find out. i know this question has been asked many times

I believe smaller=less rise.But bigger=more efficient.

So you can get more power out of a smaller box but you're losing the efficiency of a bigger box so which do you choose?
now the question is... is the efficiency equal going one way or another and wheres the middle lol... like if you go bigger is the efficiency gained from it equal to the the efficiency lost in power form from imp rise and vice versa

now the question is... is the efficiency equal going one way or another and wheres the middle lol... like if you go bigger is the efficiency gained from it equal to the the efficiency lost in power form from imp rise and vice versa
Absolutely. Testing testing testing.

If you look at the impedance curve of a driver measured in free-air and compare that with the impedance curve of the same driver measured in 1 cube sealed, resonance will be higher in frequency and the magnitude (rise) will be lower for the sealed enclosure. Impedance changes in real-time relative to frequency and temperature.

I believe smaller=less rise.But bigger=more efficient.

Yep, yep. Very solid points.

I build my boxes by the light of a full moon in autumn when Mars is in conjuntion with Venus and cross my fingers....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.