16 AA10s Clamshell design help

jagblazer01
10+ year member

WOOO BASS!!
So with my build over the winter I will be doing 16 10" AA Chaos woofers in my blazer in a clamshell enclosure. What I need help with, since this is my first clamshell build, is how to design the enclosure, what the best way to position the woofers are, and any other helpful tidbits you guys may be able to give me. I also wanna know if I should go ported or do a sealed clam. Any and all help is welcome.

nah....its gonna be more of a daily ground pounder / bassrace. it will still be doing mid 150s though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had a Sundown 3000D on 4 Chaos 15s and the subs never even got the least bit warm, even after full volume and 4-5 songs. Id definately say go for 1krms maybe a little more each.

I would just go sealed. Will still be loud. Something like .75 sealed for each sub would be great.

As for power, those new Audiopipe 3ks cant be touched for wattage per dollar. Another amp that is great for the money that Ive seen is the MB Quart 2000.1, alot of people have been running those lately. The MBs are around $375 new, and the APs are around $325 new. Id run 2 subs per amp either way you go.

I had a Sundown 3000D on 4 Chaos 15s and the subs never even got the least bit warm, even after full volume and 4-5 songs. Id definately say go for 1krms maybe a little more each.
I would just go sealed. Will still be loud. Something like .75 sealed for each sub would be great.

As for power, those new Audiopipe 3ks cant be touched for wattage per dollar. Another amp that is great for the money that Ive seen is the MB Quart 2000.1, alot of people have been running those lately. The MBs are around $375 new, and the APs are around $325 new. Id run 2 subs per amp either way you go.
Disagree w/the AudioPipe.. 100% agree w/the MB Quart Discus 2ks.. they do rated & are cheeeeap. Not even $375, I'm thinking ~$300.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.