So...is she dead???

Participant count
  • Participants list

NJ IS300

Jersey
Hi Guys,

this is my first post here and i was just wondering if you guys could give me some insight. i have a 2002 Lexus IS 300 with a JVC KD-AVX2 head unit. the head unit was working fine until i had a cd in playing inside that had a slightly damaged edge. songs 1 through 4 would skip about halfway through everytime. well, the head unit was playin the cd and then started shutting off and turning on really quick like 5 to 10 times in 10 seconds. as soon as i hit the eject button, she shut off and never came back on. it did something similar about a week or 2 ago before the damaged cd was even in my possesion. it just stopped working and had to be reset. it did that i think twice in the span of 2 or 3 weeks before crapping out like this. ive checked all fuses, unplugged and replugged and still nothing. so, do you think is just dead and thats that. is am i overlooking something. nothing works, no lights illuminate, and the reset button does nothing this time. i didnt have my car for 1 week because it was in the shop, and it didnt magically start working again. any thoughts?? sorry for the long post, hope some1 can help. thanks alot for reading.

Get your DMM out and make sure you are actually getting ground and power out of the constant and switched supplies. That will quickly answer your question.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.