what to do to achieve midbass.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bborey
10+ year member

FPCustoms
NOLA
i was considerin runnin 2 8s with the amp tuned at about 50-250hz (give or take), would this would good or would runnin a component set of 6.5s or a pair of 6x9s be a better routte?

and if i do the 2 8s (preferably polk MMs or diamond d3s) should i run them in a sealed enclosure or can i run them infinite baffle? and if runnin them infinite baffle can i run them at the rated rms or should i under power them some??

there are plenty of 6.5s that can give you good midbass output. The key is to do alot of work on your doors. Sealing them up and deadening them. A good pair of 6.5s on 100w each running 50-60up can put out some serious midbass. Just cutting up some doors and stuffing 8s in the there will give you less than desired performance.

i don't plan on puttin these in my doors.. buildin custom center console where they'd be placed.

i don't plan on puttin these in my doors.. buildin custom center console where they'd be placed.
Midbass is very directional....probably gonna sound muddy or out of the stage if you go center console. I would suggest doors or kicks.

Midbass is directional, thus you not only want them placed in the front stage, you want them placed to the left and right of your listening position. Putting them in a center console will not sound right.

abs6f7.jpg

nice box...but still gonna sound wierd i believe.
yeah that's in my friends truck, painted to match the exterior paint.

he has infinity 6x9 in the spots, says they over power a lot, but idk how the mid bass is, a lot of people say the infinitys lack in midbass though...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.