JL w6 sounding like crap

immortal7792

no
When i play songs that have a frequency like the one at the beginning of the song White Girl my sub makes a low farting noise and also sometimes is makes a loud popping noise. I have a 1000 watt Memphis amp. Its embarrassing to have a loud thing that sounds like crap. lol. What is wrong with the sub?

idk about the box. I dont know much about the stuff and the guy at the store told me it was like one of the best ported boxes (probably bs) and its a 12.

idk about the box. I dont know much about the stuff and the guy at the store told me it was like one of the best ported boxes (probably bs) and its a 12.
Go measure the length and width of your slot port opening in inches. multiply them together that's your port area

try to find out how many cubic ft your box is as well

yea everyone says they are but there meh at best for what they r priced at. there good woofers but not nearly for what u pay for them. serious note it may be ur box that ***** or your settings IE gain too high, subsonic off, LPF HPF and so on

its jl. throw it out the window and get a real sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
i enjoy this quote. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and how much power is that memphis amp pushin to it? bc im sure you're over powering it(unless youre wired at 2ohms), i think you can run 2 w6s off that amp and not under power them.. or maybe you needa play around with the tuning (frequency and gain) can make huge improvement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.