Wtf charging help anyone?

CrazyKenKid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
So here is what is going on. While i play a song at full tilt i noticed my batteries (2 -batcap 2000's) were dipping to about 12.8~13 volts so i thought hey why not get a battery charger and give these batteries a full charge and see what happens!

So i purchased this battery charger SCHUMACHER SC-1200A 12V CHARGER 12/8/2- AMP AGM GEL WET

http://store.schumachermart.com/sc-1200a.html

and i hooked it up by removing the negative terminal on the front battery then hooking up the pos and neg clamps from the charger to the rear 2 batcap 2000's. and it says it is 100% charged? but i get some crazy voltage drops at full tilt and i had NEVER charged them before.

my question is how can they be 100 charged without using the charger? was my alt good enought to charge them fully?

my system

sax 100.4

saz 2000

15inch Night shade

200amp alt

2-batcap 200's

big 3

also maybe my issue is i don't have an enough AH? each batcap has 50ah plus the head battery with another 50-70ish (not 100% sure on that one)

can someone please lend an idea? would i have to swap out these 2 batcaps to get a more steady and constant voltage? if so please make some suggestions

thanks for your time

Kenneth

thanks i will look into this and go from there. but seriously why would this happen? and why is a manual one better? is it b/c with the auto ones if it is close to full it says full>?

thanks i will look into this and go from there. but seriously why would this happen? and why is a manual one better? is it b/c with the auto ones if it is close to full it says full>?
Honestly, I really don't know.

Just to test mine to make sure, I played the system for a good while with the car off to drain them a bit. After only a few minutes the charger said they were at 100%, which I knew was a crock of ****.

interesting i will for sure test this out!! i will play my system till the batteries get drained out a bit and see if it behavies the same as yours did! if it does i will for sure ditch this one and see about a manual ones and go from there!

thanks for your time and i will be in contact with SCHUMACHER to ask them about this.

also where did you purchase your charger from? and are you going to be selling yours any time soon? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks again

battery's>batcap's imho
Depends what you're using them for. Also depends on what size batcaps and what size batteries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Batcaps are typically more for burps

interesting i will for sure test this out!! i will play my system till the batteries get drained out a bit and see if it behavies the same as yours did! if it does i will for sure ditch this one and see about a manual ones and go from there!
thanks for your time and i will be in contact with SCHUMACHER to ask them about this.

also where did you purchase your charger from? and are you going to be selling yours any time soon? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks again
Oddly enough, my automatic one was a schumacher as well. The LED display and fan took a crap on me, so I returned it to schumacher directly and asked for a manual one. They upgraded me to the se-125a, which is the best manual automotive one they got.

Good customer service ftw.

Anyways, I purchased my original automatic one from a local battery/charger dealer.

i like batteries because i do bassrace/ daily driving, i like having the extra reserve that a big batt(s) provides. i have seen batcap's do very well in burp cars also

Oddly enough, my automatic one was a schumacher as well. The LED display and fan took a crap on me, so I returned it to schumacher directly and asked for a manual one. They upgraded me to the se-125a, which is the best manual automotive one they got.
Good customer service ftw.

Anyways, I purchased my original automatic one from a local battery/charger dealer.
well maybe i will get lucky and my fan and lcd will go also lol!! i seen one of those chargers on ebay for about 90$ but i don't know i got to flip this one and if it is no good to charge batteries how do i go about selling this?

and yes i am glad i only lost 30$ shipped for this one! ( i guess you get what you pay for) anyother suggestions? i dont' wnat to spend more then what i paided for these 2 batcaps which was around 400ish (rounding up)

thanks everyone for your input and advice!

can someone recommend a battery for daily 2krms setup? maybe a d3100 (from xs power?)

if youre using the d3100 as a secondary battery, it will shyt on 2k rms. ive ran my 5k at .5 starting load(dont know box rise) and it handled it great. i only droped from 14.6sh down to 13.3-4ish on a full burp at idle. i have a 200amp cop car alt, biggest walmart batt you can get upfront and the d3100 like 15-18'' from my amp. i like mine alot

Your from canada just like me dude, were screwed on battery prices up here.

Im debating driving all the way to florida to pick up my battery bank, kinetik 2400's go for $650+ here, there only $350 in the states //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

looks like you are shyt out of luck man! wnat to buy my 2 batcaps! and i have an american shipping address so all works for me! lol plus i will toss in a charger and alumin bus bars! :0 interested?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.