What 6.5 mid is best for low end bass?

basscort2009
5,000+ posts

Banned
dallas tx
i was looking at a couple on parts express and would like some nice low mid bass woofers for my front stage. then im gonna throw a nice tweeter in the a pillar. i just want something that has some bump to it when i dont want to play my subs.

*i have about 3-3.5 inches of depth

* somthing that plays well in an open door (no pod made or enclosure) free air if you will

*somthing that plays good on about 40 rms each woofer.

i have heard good stuff about ED 6.5s but was gonna see what u guys think. and im looking for a little cheap so no 300 doallr mids please.

re xxx comps if you can give them more power. i dont see impressive midbass coming off 40w rms...
yea i know 40 is all i have to work with though and i had some mb quarts that failed on low end and some infinitys that were decent but still not wat i want. just somthing that has a little more punch to it

mach 5 mids. i have them at home now in a ported 2 way setup with about that much power and no need for a subwoofer (within reason) i did run them in the car before i did some deadening and was still surprised, but i had around 75 rms and was crossed over at about 50hz.

mach 5 mids. i have them at home now in a ported 2 way setup with about that much power and no need for a subwoofer (within reason) i did rn them in the car before i did some deadening and was still surprised, but i had around 75 rms and was crossed over at about 50hz.
****.... I forgot about those. I ran them before and liked them alot. Nice midbass perfomance and at a nice price to boot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.