98HOEONSIXEZ/PRICES 25KW tahoe funky fresh rebuild (COMPLETE REWIRE/4 18 BOX BUILD)

98HOEONSIXEZ
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
view the uninterupted build log here

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=55302

SSSoooo,here goes.

Come to find out i was having a couple of issues with my tahoe since i picked it up from the people that installed it last.Now i can see why.And i will be posting before and after pictures.A complete new build log will be going down right here.So stay tuned and be sure to subscribe to the vids because its going to be a TON of work and alot of crazy vids bound to follow.

I will first be posting videos of what "they" did wrong in my tahoe.Or maybe its right to some but just not to me.Also explanatioins of why we will be doing this complete rewire/box build.

Before going any further,if these videos dont really make sense,its because i made them to show one person initially.but now i decided to share

Just to discuss a few problems.

My amps (the 4 d9s) were getting really hott,EVEN when not playing,or just playing at low volume.Come to find out,when they stacked them on top of each other they left no space between the amps for them to dissapate heat or breathe.So they would go thermal.Which then got me thinking..what else could be wrong.So i take the end caps off my amp rack and find that they have 1 piece of 1GUAGE power wire running up to each one of my amps,then splitting into 2,and powering my amps....then on the negatives they ran ONE piece of 0guage and split it into 2 and plugged it into the amps.Im not the smartest person in the world by any means but when an amp has dual 0guage power and grounds.....it probably needs to be wired with at least that size wire..not half of it...(how do you get 6000 watts out of 1 piece of 1guage?)

wire going form the batteries to the amps vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ld-C2sSXl8

amp wiring exposed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUgTZG-KEWk

onto the other stuff,theres only 2 pieces of 0 guage running back to my back batteries off my alternators.Now i see that one of my 270sps is just runing my truck,so i have 2 of my 270sps running my system and one running ONE battery in the front..but all ran by my mla module??WTF??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BollLSTIqgI

Also on the wiring on my back batteries,i have 2 grounds..that are 0g,grounded to my cab...with like 1/8th inch sheet metal self tapping screws..WOW.

Aviatioinpics8-13-09053.jpg

There is NO FUSES anywhere in the truck,after talking to meade and david im very lucky my truck hasnt burnt to the **** ground.

Anyways with all that said.Some of you may already know this but im sure there is more of the "dont knows" as meade calls them than there is that does know.I will be flying my boy david (yes ADMIN over on smd) out to good ole mississippi on the 11th of this month to do the complete rebuild/rewire/box build etc etc!!Everything will be documented,the good the bad the ugly on the previous install.There will be tons of vids/pictures to come.Im excited to finally have somebody that is a "DOES KNOW" come work on my truck.especially after wasting all of the money on the previous stuff.

Before anything else is said i want to say,the work that the last installers did as far as the finished product LOOKED great,amazing accually,but performance,saftey,wiring....was severly lacking.

Im sure there will be more of these "exposed" vids as we start tearing the truck apart.on what i paid for,and what i was supposed to get(or thought i was anyways) and accually got.Stay tuned,subscribe to the vids and this thread ..joo know you wanna

the plans for the new system are this

Will be running 4 dcpower 270sp alts...ALL TOGETHER. will have 8 runs of 0guage going back from the alts to the back bats (2per alt)

will still be running off my 4 d9s at .5 ohm

should have my 4 RD superheavyweight 18s here tuesday of this week.

will have a new badass box build to be flush with the back seats..so it will be a good bit bigger(screw staying below the window line crap)

I bought over 350 feet of 0 guage thursday.should see that tuesday also. tsunami cometition series 200feet of blue and 150 feet of silver.

second skin 160sqft pack. prolly 5 layers thick on the back doors/panels/roof.then at least 3 on the rest of the doors and some on the floor. keep in mind i already ahve a decent amount of deadner in the truck.

anyways heres some a vid of a package i got in today,gave david my debit card info and told him to just get me whatever i needed,then this showed up a couple days later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CA4-tNv2l0

98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09003.jpg

plans for bass amps are staying the same..It will be 4 revolution design D9 amps wire to .5 ohm per amp

hw9001.jpg

hw9002.jpg

hw9005.jpg

and as far as modifying the way they are installed..maybe just a little bit..like space them apart a lil so they can breath.I may do some fans in there..especially in the mids/highs amp rack cause they get super HOTT if i play em for a while.as far as all the fiberglass work up front..it will stay the same..cause it looks great.Its just getting rewired..and everything from the back seats back will be done by david..it should be so sikkk.

thanks for tuning in..im almost scared to see the full potential..might not be able to take it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

sup pimpin? SundownTL3.2 here from SMD. cant wait to c the end result! glad your doin it on ur own brotha!
nadda mang,just postin it up over here,i cant wait either and im definatly gonna be puttin in alot of work,as much as i can,but no where near as much as david

**** dude.. as much as I didn't like you from your postings this **** isn't right. I would never let anyone do anything in my car without my help or super vision. glad I do all my **** so i know its done right everytime

I would have flipped my **** over that original install.

But lookin forward to seeing how it turns out the second time around!

**** dude.. as much as I didn't like you from your postings this **** isn't right. I would never let anyone do anything in my car without my help or super vision. glad I do all my **** so i know its done right everytime
Youve also never come close to doing an install as detailed, extensive etc as the one he just did

Anyone can build a simple uncoverred box and wire a single amp

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif wana start over ? and yeah man ill be helpin the whole time,and tons of pics and vids will be taken so nothing will be hidden.

I would have flipped my **** over that original install.
But lookin forward to seeing how it turns out the second time around!
Its gonna be a ton better!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.