CNC Machine

No you can build one it just takes some time, patience, and computer intelligence.

http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx

And I want to do a lot of metal work. I figure if I can make one, I will reward myself and friends by making metal parks (Distro blocks, etc etc) for cost.

Not to mention I love tools, and watching CNC machines cut is a wonder imo

You dont need a CNC to make distro blocks. CNC's are good for high production, and/or very complex parts. Distro blocks are simple enough that a hand operated mill is more than enough.

You dont need a CNC to make distro blocks. CNC's are good for high production, and/or very complex parts. Distro blocks are simple enough that a hand operated mill is more than enough.
this.. unless you need things that are to the mm or complex pieces you don't need one.. you can do bus bars distros etc

Knowledge and knowing wtf you are doing trumps equipment every single time.

Just get a older bridgeport or copy and go from there. Take some classes on machining or learn from a machinist too, you can kill yourself if something goes wrong.

Who said I didn't want to do high production is possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. If i can figure this **** out, wouldn't you guys love to buy stuff really cheap? I know stinger makes a hefty markup on products.

I've built my own. It works fairly well. I roughed it in wood/aluminum, then rebuilt it using aluminum/steel cut from the wood/aluminum frame.

Just buy one. You have the money. It takes a lot of work to build your own.

that is the smallest mill i have ever seen. get 1 with at least a 4' table on it or you will regret it. we just got a new vertical @ work with a 13' table. cnc's are boring, fun to set up after that all u need is a button boy to operate it.

i run only manual mills and lathes @ work. pain to make fixtures and tools on a cnc. as far as dist blocks use a bridgeport...

No you can build one it just takes some time, patience, and computer intelligence.
http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx

And I want to do a lot of metal work. I figure if I can make one, I will reward myself and friends by making metal parks (Distro blocks, etc etc) for cost.

Not to mention I love tools, and watching CNC machines cut is a wonder imo
you dont need a cnc to make a distro block....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.