cheap fold out single din?

Participant count
  • Participant list

2Gemini
10+ year member

IL
Just curious if there are any cheap single din head units with the fold out screen anyone has tried. I'm looking for one that would suit my needs for a SQ system. Not looking to spend any more than $300 shipped though. Just seeing if this is a viable option is all. Right now I'm looking at getting the Clarion DXZ785USB because of its features and price, although I'm not crazy about the display.

Thanks

that looks pretty good, but read quite a few bad reviews on the sound quality. also needing a usb port.

If anything I guess I could just stick with that Clarion. Was wanting something with a more attractive user interface.

$300 is dirt cheap for a flip-out dvd player. You basically have 3 options here:

1. buy used

2. lower your expectations

3. buy a "bargain" brand unit

I'm guessing that a usb input is of dire importance to you because you want iPod support. The iPod interface for a great number of in-dash dvd players is $hit (especially cheaper units). Also, iPod doesn't really sound all that hot unless you're using a lossless format. If you're not using a lossless format, .mp3 dvd's are just as good.

In all honesty, you'd be better off running a normal cd player. There are tons of great options in the $300 price range...

Just curious if there are any cheap single din head units with the fold out screen anyone has tried. I'm looking for one that would suit my needs for a SQ system. Not looking to spend any more than $300 shipped though. Just seeing if this is a viable option is all. Right now I'm looking at getting the Clarion DXZ785USB because of its features and price, although I'm not crazy about the display.
Thanks
If you want SQ, i would suggest getting a single din without the flip out, considering your budget. To get a flipout with a nice touch screen...AND good EQ controls, you'll prolly be spending much more than 300 dollars bud. you gotta pick one or the other...

Good point and thank you for giving me a nudge away from the flip outs. At this point is there a HU that would give me a nice feature set and have an attractive display. I'm also thinking about getting a 10 band EQ if that helps.

Thanks

OK,

sorry to post again, but I am looking at these headunits now since i'm not going with a flip out:

Kenwood KDC-X792, Clarion DXZ785USB, or the Alpine IDA-X303.

Also, would an external eq give me any benefit since all these have a pretty good internal eq?

Thanks again.

that pioneer no doubt is nice, however, it is still just a bit too pricey for me.

looking between these still:

Kenwood KDC-X792, Clarion DXZ785USB, or the Alpine IDA-X303.

Narrowed down my choices between the Kenwood KDC-X792 and Alpine IDA-X303.

What seems to be better for SQ? Sorry to post so much, closing in a decision though.

Thanks for everyone's patience and responses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.