wtf crazy i know

Dlh_tank
10+ year member

a local shop here can send amps back to jl ,and in return jl with send new guts but the outside of the amp will look the same. now i need to know how to blow the amps. can i wire them under 1.5ohm and play the hell out of it.oh yeah im talking about a 1000/1, can get it fix for $180.00. want be able to answer all questions but please leave some info.

With the jl amps they have are regulated so if you wire it to 1.5,2,4 ohms it adjusts its self. Impedance doesnt matter on those amps. You can try wire the pos/neg backwards but the protect circuit should stop it from blowing.

I was about to say, but I see someone beat me to it, that unless you are already a criminal and don't mind being a prison ***** (maybe you like that sort of thing) then don't go out in public talking about commiting an crime and then do it because it makes it real easy for the judge to throw the book at you.... pre-meditated fraud.

i still dont understand why the hell this makes since. it's good --> blow it --> drop $180 --> it's good

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

a local shop here can send amps back to jl ,and in return jl with send new guts but the outside of the amp will look the same. now i need to know how to blow the amps. can i wire them under 1.5ohm and play the hell out of it.oh yeah im talking about a 1000/1, can get it fix for $180.00. want be able to answer all questions but please leave some info.
Are you a dumbass?

Oh and I reported your thread to JL Audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

whats the name of the shop?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.