Worst Competitions You've Been To

Anyone else go to a competition and find out it fails? For instance, last year I went to a local one. I got there and saw all kinds of cars, mostly collector cars and thought it might be good. Then I find out that the comp was just a side part of a whole other car show. Then it comes time for the stereo competition and 2 frickin cars pull up. One had a Pyle 15" in a ported box (at least it wasn't a prefab) powered off of a Pyle "3000 watt" amp. Needless to say i rofled. Then I looked in the next car and it had 2 pioneer thin-mounts under the seats (In a car that had a **** ton of trunk space) in a sealed prefab with an off brand "4000 watt" amp They were both running 8 awg wire. After they measured each car, they announced the results. Apparently the Pyle hit 149 db's and the thin mounts hit 146 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Found out they measured with a radioshack spl meter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Idk, but that's what they posted as the scores. I remember cuz i texted one of my friends who also lol'd

Meca shoes in Marion

At the dragstrip a few weeks ago, They had been hypining it all day(5pm-10:30), then the guy running it left, so his cronie, ran it, it was based on croud participation, a whole 10 ppl

That too. Whatever you want to post up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Worse one was last year at Heatwave... Burned up an Iraggi Alt and then my spare EA, smoked 3 18's, all in 1 day, had to find a autoparts store and get an alt so I could drive home. lool

Oh and it was about 102 outside, bad weekend

Dam. I would have just lit the car on fire if that happened to me lol. Then tell the insurance that it was an electrical fire.

my worst performance was an accidentially wrong built port and didnt know til i farted out a bad number

was looking for somewhere close to 150 @ 53-57 htz

ACTUAL score 139.1 @ 71 htz. oops!

redesigned it and now im back to 149.6

Entering as an SQ competitor, and having someone ask me how much fusing I have...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.