I need an amp that is guaranteed to put out at least 1100 rms

slick327
10+ year member

Ok, i have two 900 rms subs. Ive already done the "get what you pay for" bit by buying a pos 4k lanzar. That sob didn't even have enough power to push both of the speakers. It barely has enough to push one, and even then it clips after half way! So, after getting my ass raped from that purchase, I would like to know if anyone could recommend an amp that is guaranteed to put out at least 1100 rms. I dont want to spend a ridiculous amount, however, after my last fiasco I will pay whatever to get the right number. I need a two channel amp that has 1100 rms at 2 ohm per channel. I would say two mono amps but I lack the know how to rig them together. It doesn't have to be exactly 1100 rms, I just need a number that will definitively produce over 1000 rms. Thanks for any help.

Explain what your subs are like, i.e. the amount of voice coils and what "ohms" they are. That will be required in the selection of the proper amp.

Not many 2 channel amps are class D, and not many 2 channel Class AB amps can do 1100 rms / channel at 2 ohms without self-desctructing and requiring a large battery bank and upgraded alternator. Most class AB amps (which is most 2 channel amps) are only 50% or so efficient at making power. i.e. you need 2200 rms watts, which would be 183 amps @ 12 VDC for a 100% efficient amplifier. At 50% efficiency you would need 275-375 amps @ 12VDC. LOL, I probably screwed that math up, but anyway, it's close.

Hey YOUR THE GUY that I talked to about not buying that POS Lanzar amp that your INSTALLER RECOMMENDED right?

LOL... told you so... just had to add that in there....

But have no fear we will get you on the right track... live and learn, sometimes buy and learn...

Hey YOUR THE GUY that I talked to about not buying that POS Lanzar amp that your INSTALLER RECOMMENDED right?
LOL... told you so... just had to add that in there....

But have no fear we will get you on the right track... live and learn, sometimes buy and learn...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sorry op,

Yes dB-r, im the ****in idiot and now i'm the ****in idiot with a 3 foot useless piece of **** paper weight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Anyhow, thanks for the rally of support //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I have two of these in a ported box, not sure the freq. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13593

Like I said, the price is not a problem, I just want an amp that will put out enough power to push these properly. Thanks again.

I was under the assumption that he wanted an amp that did 1100 watts a channel@2ohms. So something in the 4k range? Like a Memphis 4k.
how do you get that? his subs are 900rms and dual4s so he can wire down to 1ohm. i say go with an audioque 2200, an ia 20.1 or the sundown 1500 would probably work for you

Yes, if at possilbe I would like a 2 channel amp at 1100 rms @ 2 ohm. However, I can wire them together for 1 ohm. I just need the next amp I buy to push both speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Any suggestions on the wiring or whether mono or two channel will be great. I just need it to work. If anyone has bought a 3 foot paperweight you know what im talking about. Thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.