would audiopipe 1800 be to much for these?

I've heard that the 1800 audiopipe will only clamp about 2/3rds the power of the Sundown SAE-1200D. That was with rise to 2.2 ohms though, still waiting on jacob to do the .5 ohm rising to actual 1 ohm power test on the 1800. I think he messed the amp up somehow and is sending it here though, so I will beat on it and clamp it after I fix it. I may even upgrade the mosfets in it to like double the power if I can find good replacements and see how much power I can sqeeze out of it stock vs modified.

I've heard that the 1800 audiopipe will only clamp about 2/3rds the power of the Sundown SAE-1200D. That was with rise to 2.2 ohms though, still waiting on jacob to do the .5 ohm rising to actual 1 ohm power test on the 1800. I think he messed the amp up somehow and is sending it here though, so I will beat on it and clamp it after I fix it. I may even upgrade the mosfets in it to like double the power if I can find good replacements and see how much power I can sqeeze out of it stock vs modified.
Yeah I think the AP did like 1440w while the SAE put out like 1700w

just wanted to double check, because its like 40 bux cheaper than the 1500d
its going to be hooked up to dc level 3s, 2 12s
The audiopipe ap 1800d is a new product they just release this year, not many people know about it yet, or have tested it. If its anything like the ap 1500d or the ap 3000d it will do rated. I know the sundown has better quality but its hard to believe an 1200 watt amp will do 1800 watts. Just try the audiopipe it is made to run at 1800rms at 1 ohm, the sundown u would have to wire it real low and impedance rise will be high.

The audiopipe ap 1800d is a new product they just release this year, not many people know about it yet, or have tested it. If its anything like the ap 1500d or the ap 3000d it will do rated. I know the sundown has better quality but its hard to believe an 1200 watt amp will do 1800 watts. Just try the audiopipe it is made to run at 1800rms at 1 ohm, the sundown u would have to wire it real low and impedance rise will be high.
WRONG DUDE.

It's been out, Jacob tested the prototype AP1800 board before AP even released it. Check the thread here in this section from a few days back, can't remember the title, I am sure someone will pull it up. I got to go, take the wifey and stepson to eat dinner... I will be back later though....

so the question still is would it be to much for 2 dc lvl 3s?, cuz i think in the long wrong im gonna get a 3rd, if the 1800 wouldnt be to much for 2 right now, then i wanna pick it up so im not selling it right away. but just in case things change, and i decide against a 3rd, i wanna make sure the 1800 wouldnt hurt 2 of em

yup ap has new 1800.1, 2500.1 and 3500.1. i have yet to see the internals on any. the 2500.1 and 3500.1 are priced alot higher than the other ap amps. was gonna grab a 3500.1 when it first released but i didnt know how it performed. dont have any customers with the coin right now to drop on 1 eather...

the 1500d made 14??rms on 12v from what i have heard...

yup ap has new 1800.1, 2500.1 and 3500.1. i have yet to see the internals on any. the 2500.1 and 3500.1 are priced alot higher than the other ap amps. was gonna grab a 3500.1 when it first released but i didnt know how it performed. dont have any customers with the coin right now to drop on 1 eather...
the 1500d made 14??rms on 12v from what i have heard...
so id be better off going with the ap 1500?

I don't think you will be able to see a difference between the 1500 and the 1800. They are pretty similar to one another.
thats kinda what i thought, but like i said, didnt wanna take the chance that it would put out more and hurt the subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.