Sign in to follow this  
TheJuggla1

Picked up large SUV, where should I add speakers?

Here is a diagram I found of an older one on the internet

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/Allan-2greasy/suburban.jpg?t=1250265352

Right now I am planning on salvaging my old system which consists of 2X 15" Kickers(pretty much new) 6" Kicker + Tweeter (Again pretty much new) An some pretty old 6x9(Probably getting to the end of their life) 1000 RMS Watt Mono Alpine(Also very new) And a 4 Channel Amp with 50 RMS Watts each channel(This amps fairly old but holding together pretty nicely, but the other 2 channel one I bought with it died a while ago) And one of the newer Alpine HUs that has Ipod plug ect.

First thing I rear my HU gives out quite a bit of watts(Think around 100), but since its a HU it will just be mostly distortion? Or could it be something I could actually use because its a higher end Alpine?(I forget the actual model, its the one that plays CDs, has the ipod hook up that hooks into the bottom of the IPod where you charge it, 6 buttons instead of the 4 like the cheaper ones have - changes color on these buttons, and 3 sets of RCAs)

I wanna make this vehicle just bumping, loud as ****, but larger speakers lose quality correct?

I'm putting the 6" + Tweeters(Tweeters sit in the actual speaker) In the front doors, and the 6x9 in the very back above the rear doors facing forward. Subs in the back obviously, I think if lay them down and I face them up I won't loose my rear seat or my view out the back, suggestions on adding other speakers? Not worth it to add any more?

There's no sense in adding a hundred speakers. You should be satisfied with how loud your system is, especially if you're making a transition from a car to an suv.

I INSTALL STUFF.

mecp advanced.

i do it all.

There's no sense in adding a hundred speakers. You should be satisfied with how loud your system is, especially if you're making a transition from a car to an suv.

Will I get any louder? Its a huge area for sound, I think It will sound less loud now.

if this system was previously in a trunk car then yes, it should be fairly louder.

I INSTALL STUFF.

mecp advanced.

i do it all.

Factory locations? simple is good

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima

2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3

2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX

Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4

Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this