Sign in to follow this  
Ksan

Sub Box Rattle driving me crazy...help please.

Ok, guys i have my Sub box under the read seat of my 2004 dodge quad cab with the 12 inch ID V3's in it. They sound so good........EXCEPT for the vibration from the sub box sitting on the floor and reverbrating all over the place. Any way at all to fix this? Thanks for the help. I thought about putting dynamat betweens the box and the floor but I never used it not sure what it is for? Sound deadning? but would it help with this? Foam maybe? Thanks.

Box is MDF 3/4 inch sealed.

how about securing the box to peice of mdf thats coverd in like half inch rubber of some sort ive done that in a car with an under seat sub and it worked

Thanks for the quick replys. Yes I can secure it to the floor if it needs that. The rubber is a great Idea, I have very little room but maybe rubber under it and then secure it down would do the trick you think?

Thanks for the quick replys. Yes I can secure it to the floor if it needs that. The rubber is a great Idea, I have very little room but maybe rubber under it and then secure it down would do the trick you think?

that should prob do the trick. is the box carpeted?

Yes sir the box is carpeted but it vibraits so bad you can't hear anything but that and it sounds like c&@p. when it does that. I didn't know how to fix it. I can move the box around and it will sound great but then it will start to vibrate off the floor again in a few minutes and sounds bad again.

yea the car that i mentioned in an earlier post was the same deal. you need to find some way of securing the box down and possibly getting the rubber under the box like i suggested before