statonburrell

head unit advice for a noob

looking at getting the pioneer 800PRS or the FH-P8000BT. What are the main differences in these, besides one is double din and one is single din? I will be running a 4 ch amp and a mono sub amp off of these. which one would give me better capabilities?

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6464/DEHP800PRS--Pioneer-Premier-CD-Receiver-with-High-Quality-Audio.htm

800PRS

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6583/FHP8000BT--Pioneer-CD-Reciever-with-Bluetooth-Capability.htm

FH-P8000BT

I’d scratch till every square inch of me was bloody and raw but it’s no use...…This maddening itch, like maggots festering under my skin, is always there, out of reach. We’re all the same. We are made of blood and bone. The difference lies underneath. The reason I am standing here is because long ago this great endeavor, this way of life, got under my skin... And ever since, I’ve been scratching away, clawing furiously for every last bloody pound.”

frankmcgrath.jpg

The 800PRS is a superior model... Neither of those units will have perfect output voltage for your amplifier applications, but they should work acceptable. Pre-Out voltage tends to be low on the Pioneer models unfortunately.

If you need additional help, tech support, or purchasing; simply email me at PerformanceAutoAcc@GMail.com. Happy to help!

Thanks!

#1 Authorized Car Audio Dealer! 25 Yrs Experience!

Sales or Technical Support, Please Email Me!

PerformanceAutoAcc@GMail.com

www.PerformanceAutoAcc.com

The 800PRS is an "audiophile" grade head unit. The 8000BT has some nice features, but it's definitely a step down from the 800PRS. If you want SQ go with the 800PRS. If you want a double din unit and you don't care about having a ton of features and controls, go with the 8000BT; it is cheaper. I can't say enough positive things about my 800PRS.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, active off HU power

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now