yo0123yo = scammer

davesexplorer
10+ year member

Too much fun.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418872

Reference the above thread, sent $400.00 in paypal to the seller for ZX2500.1. His response was something to the effect that there was a problem with his account and that he couldn't ship out the amp until that clears up.

Well that certainly sounded like BS and he suddenly stopped responding to PM's so I threw a claim on that sensing scammer BS. Unforunately I was right...

Transaction Details

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #520900831F338805A)

Jul. 19, 2009 Payment To Maher Yasin Reversed ... -$400.00 USD

yasinm7@student.morainevalley.edu

This transaction has been partially refunded

Aug. 1, 2009 Reversal Completed Details $0.06 USD

So just a fair warning, I wont go into the typical Paypal is horseshit and everyone on the forums is a scammer blah blah blah. I bought from someone with little to no references and got scammed. It hurts but what am I going to do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Watch yourself peeps. I should have just used a CC and done a chargeback but oh well...

Yes if the seller has no funds in his account paypal will not recover anything. He had $.06 in his account. He managed to get 399.94 out of his account in 2 days.

Just a warning, it was a great deal, I figured the amp was a scratched up refurb. I had sold my KX2500.1's for around $400 so I didn't think it was too ridiculous.

Yep pretty much, I'll be filing a police report with Palos Hills PD (closest I can figure to Moraine Valley CC - his email address) come monday.

But realistically you are correct, that's why this isn't a *****ing thread it's a WARNING thread. Dont be like me... an idiot! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

'twas from a bank account, unfortunately I wont have any recourse there.

Got the IP from tapout, scammer isn't off the hook yet I have all the stuff together to call and talk to an investigator monday. The only thing that could pose a problem if he is an alien (as in having a student visa) if he leaves the country there really is no recourse for me. I have my hopes up the locals can do a knock and talk, getting a summons issued for him for theft by deception (although I dont know IL laws).

palos hills is only like 20 min from me. you should have the police contact the school and see if they'll release his name and address so the local police can pay him a visit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

davesexplorer

10+ year member
Too much fun.
davesexplorer
North of Harrisburg, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies