Circle Jig users....... got a question?

1/4 straight is what the jasper jig is made for, it depends on your jig, the instructions should say, if you dont use the one that the jig is meant for your circles will be too big or too small.

My craftsman came with a bit, I have been using that one.

I have those same jasper circle jigs myself. Best bet is use a 1/4" straight bit like others have mentioned and if you can spare the extra dough, buy a carbide bit....lasts longer.

A regular straight cut bit won't last long. Get the upspiral bit. They cut much better than a plain straight cut. As long as it's a 1/4" bit it'll work with the jig just fine.

i've broken three straight bits (that weren't cheap) with my router and ever since i've used my 25 dollar jig saw with zero problems... just my 2 cents

I dont think I have ever broken a router bit.

Buy good bits, take your time, dont take try to take to much material in one pass and your bits should last forever if used exclusively on wood.

Whiteside , whiteside and more whiteside bits. Cost more than most, but longevity of the bits will more than pay for themselves over cheaper ones //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.